SpuffMonkey Posted May 6, 2011 Posted May 6, 2011 Yeah - I paid £220 for a double speed CD writer - sheesh! This is a good bargain at the moment though - Logitech 2 for 1 Deluxe 250 USB Keyboard - Misco.co.uk
LeMarchand Posted May 6, 2011 Posted May 6, 2011 Yeah - I paid £220 for a double speed CD writer - sheesh! I recently dug out an old external CD drive I bought (not even a writer!); the price on the box was £240!!!
maniac Posted May 6, 2011 Posted May 6, 2011 Zip drives! I remember Jazz drives and LS-120 drives too! We had a JAZZ drive on the 'media' computer when I was at school. The same computer also had a duel speed CD writer, 2.6GB hard drive, video capture card and a whopping 128MB of RAM and was based on a Pentium 133MHz processor. This was cutting edge stuff at the time, and I remember it apparently cost about £3000 for the school to buy and was pretty much obsolete within 3 years. We did have a lot of fun with it as the video software we had could do croma key, and we managed to talk the media teacher into letting us paint one whole wall of the room blue so we could use it!
JJonas Posted May 6, 2011 Posted May 6, 2011 Yeah - I paid £220 for a double speed CD writer - sheesh! I paid £9.99 for a blank cd to go in one of those CD writers.
Dos_Box Posted May 6, 2011 Author Posted May 6, 2011 I paid £9.99 for a blank cd to go in one of those CD writers. The worst thing was, is that as you used Win98 burn CD's, especially before the days of CD burners having buffering and other controls to enable better burning, you could often have several failures before you got one success!
SpuffMonkey Posted May 9, 2011 Posted May 9, 2011 The worst thing was, is that as you used Win98 burn CD's, especially before the days of CD burners having buffering and other controls to enable better burning, you could often have several failures before you got one success! Buffer underrun *shudder* - I remember the stopping all processes except for the burn and sitting cross fingered for 30 minutes waiting to see if it worked. The disks were so expensive we had a syndicate in the office so we could get a better price by buying in bulk...
Cools Posted May 9, 2011 Posted May 9, 2011 total that mouse up and you get: Net Total £2.49 Carriage £3.99 VAT £1.30 Total £7.78
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now