mattx Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 Well I got a good send off today which was nice. I asked for no fuss [ which I got ] but I certainly won't be short in the wine department for a while !! The teachers and staff know my love of wine so I have ended up with my own vine [ which I plan on planting this weekend so it grows on my pergola ] 8 bottles of various types to try and £60 worth of Majestic vouchers. Also lots of nice comments on my leaving card. I'm off to a governors meeting this evening but on my return I will be opening up at least one of the bottles. I could not get the vine on the back of my bike [ along with the other bottles ] so will be picking them up Thursday - will give me an excuse to do some work on the bees.....
witch Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 Told you! glad there wasn't the fuss you were dreading though
mattx Posted March 22, 2011 Author Posted March 22, 2011 Told you! glad there wasn't the fuss you were dreading though Oh some tried, they really did !!
witch Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 How long will that wine last..isn't it your birthday??
mattx Posted March 23, 2011 Author Posted March 23, 2011 How long will that wine last..isn't it your birthday?? That wine will last me a few months..... Birthday - indeed today [ as it's gone midnight ] Must be off to bed soon !!
mattx Posted March 23, 2011 Author Posted March 23, 2011 Happy Birthday Mattx Thanks - just got jumped on by my kids calling me an 'old man' Oh joy.....
MK-2 Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 I'll be honest Matt, Beckhams send off against Argentina was better, but yours sounded OK. Happy Birthday too 1
mattx Posted March 23, 2011 Author Posted March 23, 2011 I'll be honest Matt, Beckhams send off against Argentina was better, but yours sounded OK. Happy Birthday too Lordy - that takes me back. I was doing a radio show at the local Hospital Radio station whilst that game was on. [ Stuck in a automated playout system and network at that place thinking about it now ] - For the hell of it I was wondering if anyone was actually listening so said I would give £10 and a t-shirt for first person who rang up. Phone rang off the hook for an hour after I said it. That will teach me..............
Hightower Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 I have a tenner here that reckons you had a tear in your eye last night... 1
vikpaw Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 i replied but it didn't post due to naff internet connection. happy birthday. did i miss something? where are you leaving to? surely not retiring ... 1
Little-Miss Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 He's gone back to the big wide world of industry! Happy Birthday dude! 1
mattx Posted March 23, 2011 Author Posted March 23, 2011 I have a tenner here that reckons you had a tear in your eye last night... Heavy heart, no tears.....I'm a man !! [ well I was the last time I looked ]
mattx Posted March 23, 2011 Author Posted March 23, 2011 i replied but it didn't post due to naff internet connection. happy birthday. did i miss something? where are you leaving to? surely not retiring ... Would love to retire - got another 25 years to go on that front I'm afraid......
Fatmas Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 Happy Birthday mate, glad you got the send you (secretly) wanted! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now