Edu-IT Posted December 14, 2010 Posted December 14, 2010 When clicking Circulate within Eclipse .NET this seems to load the /bin/LibraryClient.exe program, but by using the temporary internet files location to do it. Due to software restriction policies in effect our users cannot run files from the temporary internet files location and I’ve tried letting them run LibraryClient.exe directly from the bin folder but it doesn’t like to run from here. How have other schools got around this?
TLARWise Posted December 14, 2010 Posted December 14, 2010 We just unrestricted the temporary internet files folder on one computer that is purely used by the librarian, no pupil access. However would it not be possible to unrestrict the libraryclient.exe using a hash rule?
glensc Posted December 15, 2010 Posted December 15, 2010 It was some time ago I did this but if memory serves I associated the file extention it used to run it to a link to the servername and path. The only rules I can see I used were allows for \librarydotnet$\bin\* and \MLS.NET\bin\*
stuartp44 Posted December 28, 2010 Posted December 28, 2010 All we did to combat this was add the site you are trying to access to the trusted site list, this in turn removed the restrictions that where imposed by internet explorer.
mole Posted November 9, 2011 Posted November 9, 2011 (edited) old thread i know but sameish problem-when i click on circulate it downloads the start.libraryclient file but then asks whether I want to find a program to open it or save it. On hold to mls now but could be sometime waiting edit-had to re-associate file with libraryclient.exe on server Edited November 9, 2011 by mole solved problem 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now