Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Bah, my Nexus One's on\off switch won't work and it's now refusing to start. It's been iffy for a week or so now and I'll have to get it in to HTC for repairs tomorrow. In the mean time I'll need a replacement handset. I want a Droid phone, SIM\network free and if possible available on the high street. The HTC desire would be nice, but it's too expensive, but anything up to £200 will be considered. HTC Phones for preference.
Posted
A HTC Wildfire at Carphone Warehouse could be on the cards I think.

 

Our bursar got one of those at the weekend. Seems alright. Want me to ask him any questions before you buy?

Posted

Wildfire seems a pretty decent comparison to the Desire, I'll be looking at a Desire as my next phone unless a better one is due out soon?

 

Ben

Posted
Bit late. Just got one. Save £100 by getting a compatable PAYG. Apparently they only lock them down over the air when you register the PAYG sim, so fresh from the box they are unlocked :)
Posted

Yeah. I thought the Nexus had locked up, so I took the battery out waited a few seconds, replaced it and was then unable to power it back on :(

Still, HTC's UK support were great, no messing around. They emailed me the couriers lables and it's getting picked up tomorrow morning.

Posted
The Wildfire is rather nice, however, I miss the Nexus's screen and speed. The Touch Flow interface really does HTC's Android devices a lot of favours though.
Posted
Yeah. I thought the Nexus had locked up, so I took the battery out waited a few seconds, replaced it and was then unable to power it back on :(

Still, HTC's UK support were great, no messing around. They emailed me the couriers lables and it's getting picked up tomorrow morning.

 

I can also vouch for that, when my HTC went a bit iffy they were brilliant, It was just before Christmas and I expected, due to holidays over Christmas to be without until January, it was back and repaired within 4 days! Now in my book that is great support especially with it only being about 6 days before Christmas.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...