dgsmith Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 So I decided to do a bit of hoovering and get rid of all the dust. Saw a bit on front of the speaker and inn a momentary lapse of common sense, I hooved it up. The hoover noise was louder than the music so I didn't really hear any different although I thought a few moments after how silly that may have been.. (I did the same once to a PSU (unpowered) and that never came back to life). Seems now the speaker could be knackered! All cables are still in place and it still powers up, but nothing comes out of it. I feel rather foolish! Could it be the hoover has actually broken it?
EduTech Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Lion + Human = Dead Hoover + Small Light Speaker Object = Dead weighing it up, i would say Yup!
dgsmith Posted February 15, 2010 Author Posted February 15, 2010 Speaker is big enough to not be sucked up It wasn't mega expensive (Logitech X 140 from PC World about 2 years ago for £25), but more so the principle, as they worked fine! The bright side is that everything else looks.. cleaner..
EduTech Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Speaker is big enough to not be sucked up It wasn't mega expensive (Logitech X 140 from PC World about 2 years ago for £25), but more so the principle, as they worked fine! The bright side is that everything else looks.. cleaner.. Oh, Maybe you just scared the living sound out of it poor speaker owell! as you say least everything else looks cleaner!
Dos_Box Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 I've got those on my desk here in EduGeek towers. I'll have to remind the cleaners not to vacuum near them.
SYNACK Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 (edited) If the suction was powerful enough to get a hold of the paper cone, especially while it was going it could have pulled it off the driver which would kill the sound like that. You could probably fix it to a certain extent with some glue, patience and only a little blood (sharp edges). Edited February 15, 2010 by SYNACK
mac_shinobi Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Lion + Human = Dead The Lion Man in NZ ?? Welcome to the official Lionman Website : Craig Busch and the Big Cat Sanctuary at Zion Wildlife Gardens
dgsmith Posted February 15, 2010 Author Posted February 15, 2010 If the suction was powerful enough to get a hold of the paper cone, especially while it was going it could have pulled it off the driver which would kill the sound like that. You could probably fix it to a certain extent with some glue, patience and only a little blood (sharp edges). Yes I think maybe the cone inside may have suffered a trauma. I wouldn't mind if I had put the end of the hoover right next to it, but I just brushed over it (granted though, it was playing something at the time). Hmm well, can't get a better excuse than this to get me some surround sound!
Little-Miss Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Shouldnt the title read...i broke my PC speaker? lol
john Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 I've got those on my desk here in EduGeek towers. I'll have to remind the cleaners not to vacuum near them. You have cleaners Anyway, agree with the others the cone and driver may have been separated Poor speaker. Glue or an excuse to get a new set
denon101 Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Shouldnt the title read...i broke my PC speaker? lol Nope!!, cos it was the hoover that actually killed it. Not him!
dgsmith Posted February 15, 2010 Author Posted February 15, 2010 Shouldnt the title read...i broke my PC speaker? lol Nope!!, cos it was the hoover that actually killed it. Not him! Spot on! I had no idea until it was too late. Come on, could someone really be THAT stupid to put a hoover next to a spe.. ..hmm..
_Bat_ Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Is the speaker still there? I wish we had a laugh option, as opposed to just a thank option (hint hint by the way )
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now