mattx Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 During a private "fly-in" fishing excursion in the Alaskan wilderness, the chartered pilot and fishermen left a cooler and bait in the plane. And a bear smelled it. This is what he did to the plane. The pilot used his radio and had another pilot bring him 2 new tires, 3 cases of duct tape, and a supply of sheet plastic. He patched the plane together, and FLEW IT HOME!!!
rad Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 That is one use of duct tape, Where do you get these from mate, they are quality!
webman Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 I don't think I could bear flying on a plane in that condition.
Mr.Ben Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 It also fixes most problems with you car and once I used it to plug a hole in my Kayak....
elsiegee40 Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 ...and once I used it to plug a hole in my Kayak.... Only once? I never used to go anywhere without a roll of 'canoe tape'. I was a slalomist, maybe I hit more rocks than you!
Mr.Ben Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 My helmet takes more of a battering, I have a reputation for travelling forward the wrong way up..... Most of the time though I have to get the lighter out of melt the crack together!. I have found it quite good for covering up cuts and bruises sustained in this silly sport :-)
superfletch Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 I don't think I could bear flying on a plane in that condition. Nice one, v. subtle - can you believe it was able to bear up under the strain. @Mattx - Yeah - Where do you get them.
mattx Posted January 27, 2010 Author Posted January 27, 2010 Nice one, v. subtle - can you believe it was able to bear up under the strain. @Mattx - Yeah - Where do you get them. Where do I get them ? I take that as the E-mails etc and postings..... Put it this way, I'm an old fart who didn't always work in education - made many many friends etc in my last job from around the globe and in this country with whom I am still in contact with on a daily basis. And like me they have grown sick and tired of IT and generally keep sane by exchanging various web sites / video clips & stories. And of course I like to share some of those too - just a shame some of the miserable members who think ICT and the internet is the be all of human existence don't find them amusing. But the most important thing is I do, and so do you and many others.
webman Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 @superfletch Are you fishing for another joke?
bossman Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 I bet the bear was feelin a bit "grizzly" after finding only fishing bait to eat hehe!!
elsiegee40 Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 @Mattx - Yeah - Where do you get them. From the timings of his postings... I came to the conclusion that mattx gets bored at lunchtimes!
mattx Posted January 28, 2010 Author Posted January 28, 2010 From the timings of his postings... I came to the conclusion that mattx gets bored at lunchtimes! I am generally bored allofthetimes.
RabbieBurns Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 Most of the time though I have to get the lighter out of melt the crack... http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/80000/images/_84722_spoon150.jpg ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now