-
Posts
3,601 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by nicholab
-
Why does it seem the current set of Datacentre buildings are like naughty little children that can’t learn to wait. They can’t seem to take it on the chin that they need to wait for grid connections like they always have. It just seems pathetic that grown adults are acting this way. They are prepared to do naughty things like have fossils fuel generators on site which is unacceptable they should be waiting for low carbon technologies.
-
It's frustrating to waste money on a fossil fuel boiler rather than get a heat pump. We don't get any grants in Northern Ireland.
-
Has anyone worked out if they can run their oil heating low and slow to reduce cost and stay at a constant temperature?
-
I am with Plusnet so no option for a static IP address. I was using it with OpenDNS for filtering.
-
Hi can anyone explain why updating dynamic DNS is now a not any issue according to Cisco? What are People using as a replacement? How do you update your records for broadband quality monitor from thinkbroadband. Dearest Devoted Denizens of Dynamic IPs, We are writing to inform you that the DNS-O-Matic service will be officially discontinued in 30 days. Over the years, DNS-O-Matic has served as a tool for managing dynamic IP addresses. However, as internet infrastructure has evolved, the original utility of this service has diminished. Over time, our niche solution to a niche problem has become an obscure solution to an obscure problem. Consequently, we have decided to reallocate our resources and innovation toward other projects. What this means for you: Service Termination: The service will officially cease operations in 30 days. Data Privacy: Upon closure, all associated data for DNS-O-Matic will be permanently deleted. We will not sell, share, or use your information for any marketing or research purposes, and you will not receive further communications regarding this service after this notice. Be aware that all account logins are linked to OpenDNS registrations; the login and credentials shall remain active and unaffected to support all other OpenDNS functions, which is why the accounts themselves are not being closed. See OpenDNS terms of service and privacy policy if you have any further questions or concerns on what data remains and Cisco's commitments to protecting it. Technical Impact: To ensure a clean transition, our APIs will begin returning an authentication error ("badauth") to prevent unnecessary client re-tries. Please note that once the service is closed, your dynamic IP updates will no longer be processed. We appreciate your support and the time you have spent using DNS-O-Matic. Thank you for being a part of our community. Sincerely, The OpenDNS Team
-
staff member wanting ai in the school
nicholab replied to xicor's topic in AI in Education & Enterprise
Has anyone considered a product like Netwix DLP? As that could control anywhere that data is going to. -
I don’t like the way that a designated IT officer can’t be awarded the same power as SLT. I find a lot of SLT are happy for the easy life.
-
At church 25 years plus ago I helped build a 14 m tower with two guys who had done a few-day PASMA course that also covered flying kit. The 40 in glitter ball did provide an amazing effect to imply the radiance of the angels. A 14-metre-high tower does move around a bit at the top.
-
Heat geeks have zero disrupt it changes less parts of the system so worth a look for a heat pump. Northern Ireland installers are rubbish and we get no grant. I wonder about smart valves we got 15 radiator do I put them on the 7 upstairs and the sunroom?
-
Ok, good, so needed to have bought in July.
-
What are you doing based on the heating oil price. Normal the price goes down at the end of the summer and you fill the tank. What are you planning to do this year with filling up. I am thinking that there’s no point filling up no more than 300-500ltr.
-
I have just seen this on my console. This was published 1 day ago community.ui.com/releases/Security-Advisory-Bulletin-067/fc4a3488-7c43-4628-8bab-f715e96dbfc9
-
- 2
-
-
Linux kiosk logon to rotate between two web pages
nicholab replied to nicholab's topic in How do you do....it?
The issue I have is that the website that produces the dashboard does not allow embedding as an iframe. -
Please can someone explain how they auto-logon and rotate between two web pages using Ubuntu? Apparently, it should be simple, but it never seems to work like the guides or AI says it should. I am happy to use another version of Linux. Please let me know how you do it for your key stats to be displayed in your NOC (broom cupboard).
-
Schoolcloud support - Awful since TES takeover
nicholab replied to DrCheese's topic in Cloud Services
Could someone from TES answer why they choose to make such bad choices? Why thy choose to be so horrible to staff and customers, removing the experienced support representative. I do hope all the management get the sack as well. -
Heads up Bromcom is going to get a lot of load this year as all NI schools move to it.
-
I wonder how many of us have these in the attic still?
nicholab replied to Dos_Box's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I had the AMD K6-2 300mhz -
That is useless as it can't do decryption.
- 45 replies
-
- safeguarding
- social media
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Has never had an Ofsted inspection so how can it be one of the best schools? What is its value-added score is it taking failing or low-performing students and adding value?
-
Why can't the state school family get used to bodyguards? I think most schools are now supposed to have a decent perimeter after various school security issues starting with Dunblane. I would also not like my children killed by random idiots.
-
Why could some kind of KISIE-type approved filter requirement be set up for under 16's devices? I.E. we have a number of standards for filtering that are set by the Government and one of those must be installed. I would really like a Smoothwall-type filter for my child's device, but it is not available.
- 45 replies
-
- safeguarding
- social media
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
So my child has to go to an unsafe school
-
Why don't the Royals ever consider sending their child to the local state school? What's wrong with a normal school?
-
Apparently, they should move everything to YouTube Kids.
- 45 replies
-
- safeguarding
- social media
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
