quiet_andy Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Seems a bit of a waste but looks fun. Box of wine + microwave
StewartKnight Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 I liked the way all the electrics blew in the house!
ICT_GUY Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 I saw this and I have no idea why it would explode like that, unless the alcohol evaporated and sparks from the metal ignited it, though I feel this would be unlikely at best. Hell of an explosion though.
mac_shinobi Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Is this one of the "I watched brainiac science abuse and had to try it at home" type of scenarios lol
tech_guy Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Fake. The 'explosion' & flying debris is the same from the two different camera angles.
CHR1S Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Fake. The 'explosion' & flying debris is the same from the two different camera angles. Good spot! Isnt it something to do with the fact that water cant be compressed (or very very little) so the build up of steam tries to fill the same space as the remaining water which cant be compressed enough to fit in so it explodes??
SC-UK Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Surely the best thing to do with any wine that comes in a box.
Michael Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 I can tell the explosion is fake, good effort though. If you want something fun to try, get some blu-tack, apply it to a light bulb and stick it in the microwave I don't recommend anyone tries this however!
penfold Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Fake. The 'explosion' & flying debris is the same from the two different camera angles. That and as someone else pointed out that the plates moved from next to the microwave to on the shelf above it. Oh and of course they were broken when they jumped up there!!! And I really should stop reading these threads and get on with more work...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now