cookie_monster Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Can someone who is successfully filtering flash games tell me what they have set? We currently have filtering set on the students group but some blatant game sites are getting through. This is an example of a site that currently about 10 students are playing and they're going through smoothwall. It even says FLASH GAME in the title bar or does Smoothwall not check that? MAX DIRTBIKE 2, Max Dirt Bike game 2, Play Max Dirtbike FLASH GAME! Thanks.
sjl Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 (edited) I had the same problem and have just used your URL to fix the problem. For me it’s a sneeky tick box on the per group settings page. I selected our students group, clicked “select” and i ticked the enable flash filtering box. However I’d forgotten to also tick the "Override Default ...." tick box. I tested your URL before this setting change and it worked fine. I ticked the override box and it was blocked. The game did work at first but that was because it was cached. I’ll blame you now when the students come in. Oh and i know it was the flash filter because the site was allowed and loaded but the flash game had a big "Blocked" logo over it. Hope that helped. Edited December 16, 2009 by sjl 3
tom_newton Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 (edited) We do check things like what it says in the title, but sometimes stuff slips by - which is one of the reasons mr flash filter exists Will exmamine this site, see what its problem is Edit: Jeez - this thing was *amlost* there - one more gamey thing and the html would have been blocked as well as the flash. Guardian know knows a bit more about dirtbikes, and a bunch of urls have been added to the filter. Edited December 16, 2009 by tom_newton
cookie_monster Posted December 16, 2009 Author Posted December 16, 2009 (edited) We were also missing the "Override Default ...." tick box I didn't think smoothie would be missing something so obvious that's why I suspected a missing tick box. I’ll blame you now when the students come in. Yeh send em my way Edited December 16, 2009 by cookie_monster
mounters Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Missed the override tick box too all sorted now though, ta
mounters Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Although this seems to bypass the flash filter http://www.el71.com/games/CrushTheCastle2.swf however this gets caught http://www.el71.com/games/CrushTheCastle.swf 1
tom_newton Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Got the one that didn't get blocked... but missed the other - seems to 404?
mounters Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Got the one that didn't get blocked... but missed the other - seems to 404? Guessed the URL based on the other, it was caught anyways so no bother there. Ta.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now