Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just installed V3.1 to the reception class teacher's laptop and when I run it and select a year I get a series of floating point error message dialog boxs popping up every sec.

 

Tried differenet download sites and it does the same with every 3.1 version but not if I install an earlier 3.0 version.

 

Anyone had this and got a cure?

 

regards

Simon

Posted

Had something similar on 3.0, but didn't find a cure (as it seemed to go away on 3.1!).

 

I think in the school that had the problem, it was something to do with the network/printer set up. The prog would launch OK, but attempting to print would generate the fp errors. I installed the prog and the school's data on my laptop, and it had no problems printing at other schools but it threw errors at the original school.

 

The first time I used 3.1 it looked as if the problem was still there, but (unless it's only certain reports) it seemed to go away when I tried to replicate the error. I did find that printing to a virtual printer (CuteFTP) or copying and pasting into Word seemed to work. It does sound as if your problem is slightly different, though.

Posted

Spoke with the teacher today; it seems that the problem may be in the data.

 

Everything is tickety-boo with this year's info (ctf imported from SIMS), but for some reason she input everything by hand last year :eek: (I wasn't there) and in either version of the program it throws the fp errors.

 

Don't know if this is any help!

Posted

This may be relevant, from dealing with Eprofile over the years, the most common two problems are:

  • The date must be correct and ot must be in UK format, ddmmyy not mddyy etc.
     
  • A printer must be installed, even if it doesn't exist! Ie a HP Deskjet 660c

 

In the manual there is this:

 

I keep getting an “Access Violation” error

Another piece of software is trying to use the memory space on the computer that has already been

allocated by Windows to eyeProfile. This is not the fault of eyeProfile. It is the fault of the offending

software. Unfortunately, the error message doesn’t tell you which software is causing the problem, but

experience suggests that it is likely to be a badly-written printer or other device driver. If the problem

occurred after you installed some new device to work with the computer then it may well be that this is

to blame. Uninstall and remove it and see whether eyeProfile works correctly after that.

 

Source: http://schoolsportal.suffolkcc.gov.uk/schools/FSP/eyFSPUserGuideV3.pdf

Posted

This was the reception class teachers laptop and it was the first time eprofile had been installed - she hadn't used it before so no data was on it.

 

Date's OK (I'd had that one before with PIPS :) )

 

I wouldn't care - but this laptop has nothing on it but Office, Smart Notebook and some printers installed.

 

SO I think easiest way round is to just save her docs, wipe it this weekend and use the restore discs :(

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted

Hi,

 

Does the laptop have a HP Laserjet 2600 series printer installed?

 

there have been some issues with that printer and eprofile...

 

RTi

Posted
Hi,

 

Does the laptop have a HP Laserjet 2600 series printer installed?

 

there have been some issues with that printer and eprofile...

 

RTi

 

Mine doesn't, but the teacher who was having problems almost certainly does - there are 2 at that school...

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Did you just reinstall in the end? Teacher is reporting that the problems are back, but is currently panicking about some of the old data being corrupt so I have no further details.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...