somabc Posted July 7, 2009 Posted July 7, 2009 printer, as in the printer is out of paper -well why don't you put some in it then?
actech Posted July 7, 2009 Posted July 7, 2009 This may be an Australian thing only but I hate "youse" It's just lazy speech. Especially when you walk into a shop and the attendant says "Can I help youse?" Most of the time I walk out then.
enjay Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 ASAP (especially when said as a word, i.e. "aye-sap"), not because I hate a rush but because people mistakenly think it means "now" or "urgently". If it isn't possible until two weeks next Thursday, that is still As Soon As Possible. Similarly, the confusion between "frequent" and "regular" bugs me sometimes. Sometimes which happens once every 400 years is regular, but not frequent; something which happens every 5-10 minutes is frequent but not regular; something which happens every 5 minutes is both frequent and regular.
bossman Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 I hate the word "need" every time a request comes in from a teacher whether it be on the helpdesk or in person they always use the phrase "I need!!!" with the emphasis on "need" which they feel will help them get their own personal way, a little like "spoilt brat" syndrome. When I hear this it just makes me cringe and think of a little 5 year old child jumping up and down in a tantrum demanding attention. :(
mac_shinobi Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Wireless Have you got a minute ( Yes I know thats not a word - more a phrase thats commonly used but ah well ) +1 on the Debt thing +1 On printers ( especially when they try and put labels or OHP plastic stuff through and it gets melted onto the drum or inside the printer and renders it useless ) @ Simon its crocodile not crocadile 1
mpe Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Which words do you personally hate? No swearing now! "Not working" is the phrase I'd banish. Together with any other highly ambiguous term for describing a fault.
mpe Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Children & Laptop are the worst I can think of right now. IME teacher & laptop can be a worst combination.
Disaster Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 (edited) Matched only by sorrytobotheryoubut.... along the same lines but on a different topic, "attheendoftheday" or "soIturnedroundandsaid..." Did you really turn round and say... did you, really!? LOL or anything else like that also does my suede in. Edited July 8, 2009 by Disaster of to or
stu Posted July 8, 2009 Posted July 8, 2009 Any of the words that are screeched in a tone only bats can understand by girls who have eaten to much sugar, and even more so when fully grown adults have the same fits mid conversation. oh and people who say out loud o.m.g r.o.f.l t.t.y.l w.u.u.2 (personally don't minds f.f.s. as some times its more appropriate than swearing out loud)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now