powdarrmonkey Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 Ok... am I being dim, or what is a Live Topic??
jamesb Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 I think he means the little live topic icons which seem to have appeared out of nowhere, attached to certain topics. They look very pretty, but I'm still trying to puzzle out whether its just the latest few posts, number of watchers on a thread, or something obscure.
powdarrmonkey Posted June 29, 2009 Author Posted June 29, 2009 Precisely. They just appeared sometime since I last looked at 6:15.
powdarrmonkey Posted June 29, 2009 Author Posted June 29, 2009 Oooo, I just found out. It's updating the tail of a thread live as people post to it, as you watch (Edu-IT's just appeared while I was typing this). That's quite cool; I've been meaning to ask for it for a while.
ZeroHour Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 Yeh I did not realise it tagged threads with the image. Basically if the image is shown next to a thread the thread is considered active. When its active and you are in the thread when someone posts the thread will ajax add the latest post to the bottom. I am still tweaking it right now to find the best balance but it does seem cool.
Edu-IT Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 Where do they appear? I haven't seen one. Click New Posts under the Menu. The top few posts should have the icon. Pretty cool!
ZeroHour Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 They time out (threads that are live) if no one posts in the thread for 600 seconds (currently but may be tweaked)
sparkeh Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 Click New Posts under the Menu. The top few posts should have the icon. Pretty cool! Oh yeah - heh never used that section before, generally just rely on front page and subscribed threads. Perhaps I am missing stuff...
ZeroHour Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 Oh yeah - heh never used that section before, generally just rely on front page and subscribed threads. Perhaps I am missing stuff... LOL neither do I I will get around to posting a BIG post of all the changes in the last couple of months as their has been quite a lot of behind the scenes stuff.
powdarrmonkey Posted June 29, 2009 Author Posted June 29, 2009 I usually use the iSpy, but it saves problems when someone jumps while you're typing a quick reply.
RabbieBurns Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 one of the side-affects of this new feature Im finding is that I am getting multiple email notifications about new posts to the thread, rather than just one until the thread was next visited, if you know what I mean.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now