Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

As the topic suggests really. I've pretty much grown out of gaming, any I do is in little sporadic spates every now and then and as a result I've got a fairly powerful and stupidly large PC for using an internet browser and emailing with. Will probably look to getting a netbook as well as a slightly beefier laptop as replacements.

 

So, the system is:

 

Intel Core2Duo e6600 cooled with a Scythe Mugen cooler

Asus P5K-e WiFi/AP motherboard

4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2-800 RAM

BFG 8800GT OC Graphics card

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB OS HDD

4 x 400 Hitachi SATA HDD in RAID5

Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (PCI)

Silverstone modular 700w PSU

Twin DVDRW Drives

AverMedia Digital Hybrid TV Card

Windows 7 x64 RC (with Windows Vista Home Premium OEM DVD & COA included as original OS)

All enclosed in a (frankly enormous) Coolermaster Stacker case which is fairly well scratched in places.

 

Will probably keep the 1TB as file storage for myself and un-raid one of the 400GB units as an OS drive though.

 

Posted
Keep it! You may as well... if you sell it for the prices these guys have been talking about and buy a laptop you're likely to just break even on it, certainly not going to get much cash back. You don't want a netbook as your main computer.
Posted
Split it and put it on ebay, I put one up similar spec a while ago and got offers of 200quid on it, split it and put it back on ebay and got around the £450 mark for it all together.
Posted
Aye, splitting it is looking like a good option. Ideally, as mentioned I'd like both a netbook and a laptop but that's hardly going to leave any room for picking and choosing options. Might sell off enough of it to go towards a netbook, ditch the RAID and decent graphics as well as the oversized case. All good fun.
Posted
I went cold turkey on games nearly a year ago but I am feeling the pull back to them. I would really like to play L4D and just seen Natural Selection 2 oooo. Need a new pc though as mine is a bit long in the tooth now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...