frontal Posted June 29, 2006 Posted June 29, 2006 Hi all I'm looking for a software package that will produce reports on internet usage. For example if a member of staff thinks that little Johnny has been up to no good, then to create a report of sites visited by that particular user.
Norphy Posted June 29, 2006 Posted June 29, 2006 It all depends on the proxy that you use of course but we use Webspy Webanalyser Produces pretty graphs and everything. Downside is, it is expensive.
ChrisH Posted June 29, 2006 Posted June 29, 2006 We use Censornet as our proxy which is free. It will produce a detialed report of what sites they have been browsing and which sites they have been denied access to. New version coming out soon and I can see it becoming very popular. Did I mention free?
ChrisH Posted June 29, 2006 Posted June 29, 2006 ISA also does the reports for you Costs money though and dont tell me how cheap it is as it's still money plus where the filter
Geoff Posted June 29, 2006 Posted June 29, 2006 We have Dansguardian. I've yet to set anything up. Although I'll probably use one of the ones listed on dansguardian.org http://dansguardian.org/?page=extras
MkII Posted June 29, 2006 Posted June 29, 2006 UK101Man produced a logoff script that will do what you want with limited functionality at present - though I can't see what more you'd want that a detailed record of every site visited, phrases entered into search engines, links to the exact pages student viewed and details of files opened, all with time, date and originating machine details. Get it here: http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=29919#29919
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now