heybatesy Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 Apart from sounding like an impossible dream, has anybody come across these guys? Memory4Teachers Would like to hear from you if you have (or equally if you haven't..). Cheers
kmount Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 Yes, it's shown up on plenty of threads, have a search for more info. I've yet to see anything turn up from them from over 6 months ago.
kiwimatt Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 saw it in a national magazine myself , got loads of teachers to sign up around november08 .....now seem to be awaiting spam doh!!!!
Little-Miss Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 No way! As if you actually got some! I know the resources manager got an email about receiving one but have yet to see anything!
FN-GM Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 I will see if i can get it back for a Pic, i gave it to a TA as i didn't want it.
powdarrmonkey Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 You got yours before all of us, and then gave it away?!
Dale_B_Squared Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 They are a commercial company and still trying to organise more sponsorship for the usb drives. Once they have made all their money the memory sticks will be sent out. IIRC up to 50% of the drive will be filled with advertising.
powdarrmonkey Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 IIRC up to 50% of the drive will be filled with advertising. Not for long
Dale_B_Squared Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 Not for long Depends how its done. I have a free drive from NEC. It appears as 2 drives, a CD ROM with their information on and another drive for data. It appears as 2 seperate physical drives, not a single physical drive with 2 partitions
powdarrmonkey Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 Depends how its done. I have a free drive from NEC. It appears as 2 drives, a CD ROM with their information on and another drive for data. It appears as 2 seperate physical drives, not a single physical drive with 2 partitions They're usually both stored on the same NAND module irrespective of presentation to the OS. The trick is changing the allocated space for each pseudo-device (yes, it can fry the drive, but it's worth the risk on a freebie )
muppet Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 I saw them at the Education Show on Friday and gave them a hard time about waiting so long for mine. Their excuse was that they had to redesign the software access interface and add autorun to it as the initial complaints from teachers was that they couldn't get them to work properly!!! Their words not mine. When questioned about new delivery times I was told that they were looking to start shipping within the next 4 weeks.....but I wont be holding my breath as I heard them tell someone else 8 weeks! Just as an aside, has anyone seen the ones they're giving away to the kids.....preloaded with educational content....and games....and portable apps:eek:
mossj Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 and autorun won't work on our usb sticks... as i hope most/all of us have it disabled anyway...
powdarrmonkey Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 Just as an aside, has anyone seen the ones they're giving away to the kids.....preloaded with educational content....and games....and portable apps:eek: Great, like they needed any more encouragement
EduTech Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 myself and anyone else here who signed up for one, is yet to receive anything to my knowledge anyway ..
jemima_jones Posted March 23, 2010 Posted March 23, 2010 Hi guys, No offense but you're all starting to annoy me.....I got my memory stick earlier this year...and yes it took them over a year to send it to me, but its here and its bloody useful, all my collegues have got theirs too. I find it hilarious that you all raced to register for a FREE!!!!! memory stick, but as soon as things don't work to your timescale, you're racing to the computer to complain... Do what you must, but all i have to say iS THANK YOU MEMORY 4 TEACHERS FOR MY FREE...YES FREE USB STICK AND RESOURCES....
powdarrmonkey Posted March 23, 2010 Posted March 23, 2010 Hi guys, No offense but you're all starting to annoy me.....I got my memory stick earlier this year...and yes it took them over a year to send it to me, but its here and its bloody useful, all my collegues have got theirs too. Bully for you. Language, please.
dwhyte85 Posted March 23, 2010 Posted March 23, 2010 Hi guys, No offense but you're all starting to annoy me.....I got my memory stick earlier this year...and yes it took them over a year to send it to me, but its here and its bloody useful, all my collegues have got theirs too. I find it hilarious that you all raced to register for a FREE!!!!! memory stick, but as soon as things don't work to your timescale, you're racing to the computer to complain... Do what you must, but all i have to say iS THANK YOU MEMORY 4 TEACHERS FOR MY FREE...YES FREE USB STICK AND RESOURCES.... Shameless plug rather than factual account!?!
jemima_jones Posted March 23, 2010 Posted March 23, 2010 Apologies...I guess it just goes to show how annoyed i was hehe ......good luck guys with getting your sticks, I heard they were giving them out at the ed show..so i don't know if they're going to any other shows but you can always try calling them and finding out...that way, you'd get your stick now (like me!!).
synaesthesia Posted March 23, 2010 Posted March 23, 2010 Agreed. Troll, possibly even working for them. Any mods done a lookup on the registered IP?
powdarrmonkey Posted March 23, 2010 Posted March 23, 2010 Apologies...I guess it just goes to show how annoyed i was hehe Things are a lot less rosy over here where the unsolicited mail is landing.. here where messages go unanswered and you're just left with the delete key.
localzuk Posted March 23, 2010 Posted March 23, 2010 Hi guys, No offense but you're all starting to annoy me.....I got my memory stick earlier this year...and yes it took them over a year to send it to me, but its here and its bloody useful, all my collegues have got theirs too. I find it hilarious that you all raced to register for a FREE!!!!! memory stick, but as soon as things don't work to your timescale, you're racing to the computer to complain... Do what you must, but all i have to say iS THANK YOU MEMORY 4 TEACHERS FOR MY FREE...YES FREE USB STICK AND RESOURCES.... People are entitled to complain if they signed up, with their personal details and the other party didn't hold up their end of the bargain... ie. the company got the contact details in return for nothing. And yes, your post reeks of 'company rep trying to make themselves look good'.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now