garethEds Posted September 21 Posted September 21 Good morning - Does anyone know if a user sync on PaperCut to an on-site AD runs for all OUs under the main one? So if I sync to 'OU>Students' will anything under that sync : 'OU>Students>2026', 'OU>Students>2025' and so on? At the moment we seem to be choosing all of our OUs manually - but just choosing the top ones would be great.
BKGarry Posted September 21 Posted September 21 I luckily have 2 groups, one for all Students and one for all staff, I have these selected as the option to import the users from (plus other department groups for reports) this may be a better methos than OU for you to sync
garethEds Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 3 minutes ago, BKGarry said: I luckily have 2 groups, one for all Students and one for all staff, I have these selected as the option to import the users from (plus other department groups for reports) this may be a better methos than OU for you to sync Ahh you mean our security groups?
Boredguy Posted September 21 Posted September 21 (edited) A Sync will search everything on your OU, but typically only creates users for AD Groups you have selected that should be imported into Papercut. I have our Students, Teaching Staff and Non-Teaching staff AD groups as the main ones, but also selected all the departmental AD Groups so that they can be associated with "Accounts" for departmental billing purpose Edited September 21 by Boredguy
jthompson Posted September 21 Posted September 21 We do it using security groups also. We have a whole set of "papercut_xxxx" groups for managing the users, accounts and privileges, etc. of PaperCut.
BKGarry Posted September 21 Posted September 21 40 minutes ago, garethEds said: Ahh you mean our security groups? Yes I do mean the security groups rather than OU, Which @Boredguy seems to have said first
Sephiroth Posted September 21 Posted September 21 We use both OUs and groups for different user types. I can confirm that OU searching is recursive as that's our primary use case. Staff and student OUs are selected in PaperCut, but "Staff/Teaching", "Staff/Support", "Students/26Entry", etc are all populated.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now