mitchell1981 Posted January 21, 2025 Posted January 21, 2025 Hi All, We are moving to Bromcom in March. I understand there is a direct link to PowerBI. Is it possible to access this data in Power Apps / Power Automate? At the moment I have a convoluted data route through Sims > Command Reporter > SharePoint > Power Automate > Dataverse Will Bromcom make this easier? Can I use the PowerBI link, or would I have to use the email function to email reports to Power Automate? I have a limited windows to transition systems, so want to be prepared! Thank you.
Marci Posted January 21, 2025 Posted January 21, 2025 Yes, you can just use the oData connector within PowerApps dataflows to bring in data from either of the two endpoints (MAT endpoint, or single school endpoint), or the FromWeb connector to bring in livefeeds etc. See https://docs.bromcom.com/knowledge-base/how-to-use-odata-with-bromcom/ 3
mitchell1981 Posted January 21, 2025 Author Posted January 21, 2025 Ahh brilliant. This is going to be so much better I think! Thanks for the link.
mitchell1981 Posted March 11, 2025 Author Posted March 11, 2025 Our Bromcom is now up and running and I've started playing with this, trying to reproduce what I was doing with Command Reporter using the oData feed. It works nicely, but I'm finding it tricky to find some of the fields I want, for example; student email addresses. Is it just that it is a limited subset of fields available, or do you have to do something at the Bromcom end to push them out? Thanks.
Marci Posted March 11, 2025 Posted March 11, 2025 You need the PersonEmails table from the Vision endpoint, merged onto the Students table on SchoolStudentId 2
Marci Posted March 11, 2025 Posted March 11, 2025 And if you don’t have access to the Vision (MAT) endpoint, then you’ll need a quick report to surface the info as a live feed, then use that report’s live feed url with your CloudMIS endpoint auth credentials and the Get Data > From Web connector. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now