Pashers Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 (edited) Hey guys, I've done as much as I can and eventually found the 'crashing' point of a document. I have the two pages which are of concern and when I open it in 2003 it works. When opening in 2007 it crashes. I've tried copy and pasting the information from 2003 into 2007 which also crashes word 2007. I have a feeling it's to do with the format, slightly changing the image format or putting a return carriage after the first image 'fixes' this problem. I've tried to recreate the 'bug' in a new document with no success. Does anyone know how this bug is formed and how to avoid it for future documents? We've had this problem a few times in word 2007. Any help would be most appreciated :-) Thanks!crashing document.doc Edited July 7, 2008 by Pashers
Michael Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 Does this happen on Word 2007 across multiple workstations?
Pashers Posted July 7, 2008 Author Posted July 7, 2008 I've tried it on three different machines, all three crashing
MyDejaVu Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 it must be just one in a liftime "bug" it happens ramdomly so the best would be to forget about it and create a new document, you said you can access it from 2003 no problem, well try to copy the content, and paste it to another new 2003 document, save it, then try to open the new 2003 document with word 2007. it might just open it with no problem, so you have the chance to report it to Microsoft and one day this bug will be fixed.
mattx Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 (edited) I think it had corrupted - [ crashed my Office 2007 too ] I managed to recover some of it and now it opens in Word 2007 Let me know if it helps.....Recovered crashing document.doc Edited July 7, 2008 by mattx
EduTech Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 If it helps it opens ok in Open Office.. Crashed In Office 2003 though James.
Pashers Posted July 7, 2008 Author Posted July 7, 2008 I've tried it in Open Office, it's one of the first things I tried. Also tried saving it as a new 2003 document which also crashes word 2007. As previously explained even copy and pasting the content causes word 2007 to crash! It's an inconvience as it happens quite a lot with several pupils. If it was just the one off I wouldn't have posted this problem . I grrr at Word 2007 lol. Oh and the document is just the part of the original document that crashes for test purposes. Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now