Gongalong Posted March 8, 2022 Posted March 8, 2022 Hi folks, Is there such a thing as a simple SMTP service (IP geofenced possibly?) that I can subscribe to, to use for server, UPS etc. alerts? Some of the systems I have here don't allow me to enter auth details, so I need just a server address that I can send to. I have tinkered with setting IIS and a SMTP server internally, but it does not seem to be reliable. Currently we're using an address provided by the county council, but that's going to be switched off in a few months. (Or what do others do for SMTP alerting on a range of devices?) Thanks
andy_b Posted March 8, 2022 Posted March 8, 2022 Postfix on Ubuntu relaying to Office 365 has been working well for us. 1
5tu Posted March 8, 2022 Posted March 8, 2022 We have a connector set up in 365 to allow mail to be sent from addresses on our domains by any device behind our external IP. See option 3 here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-microsoft-365-or-office-365 1
RLR Posted March 8, 2022 Posted March 8, 2022 I'm currently using https://www.hmailserver.com/ for our mitel system as it doesn't allow us to use DNS names for SMTP info. We could only enter IP addresses for SMTP info which didn't work as every now and then the ip would change for Google. 1
MatthewL Posted March 8, 2022 Posted March 8, 2022 We use HMail to relay and it works well for us. Pushes all out monitoring emails out plus scan to email copes well. 1
tom_newton Posted March 9, 2022 Posted March 9, 2022 You could do worse than using a service like mailjet. 1
jemal Posted March 10, 2022 Posted March 10, 2022 I only used it for a few days for a personal raspberry pi project but Twilio sendgrid worked nicely for me and was entirely in the cloud. Free if less than 100 email a day I think. We've used Twilio's other services for our covid era video parents evenings with Edulink and it worked great for that too. I can't remember the protections on the email server side, but there was something so it wasn't a free-for-all smtp server. At work we use google workspace (and office 365 before that), I'd imagine that should be your first port of call for anything important unless you specifically need it isolated from that.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now