AJWhite1970 Posted December 6, 2021 Posted December 6, 2021 Odd one... I need to share a video to one specific email address in such a way that it can only be streamed and can't be downloaded. And you tube isn't an option for this.... OneDrive and Stream are easily bypassed and if I embed it in a secure webpage then the right click option to save video as can't be disabled. Thoughts?? Andrew
6Foot2 Posted December 6, 2021 Posted December 6, 2021 I was handed a similar problem a little while ago, although it was a PDF not a video: Link: I have been handed a problem by the Head: Not sure that I can meet all requirements As you will see in the thread, @atcoates suggested using Azure rights management. I never followed up on it, so I don't know what might be involved, but it seems to me that Azure may be a viable option for you. 1
thimon Posted December 6, 2021 Posted December 6, 2021 Where there's a will, there's a way. If they really want they'll record their screen using the many tools available online. 1
David44 Posted December 6, 2021 Posted December 6, 2021 This is not going to be possible. You can take steps to make it difficult for someone to download a video or other file but never impossible. 2
AJWhite1970 Posted December 6, 2021 Author Posted December 6, 2021 Agreed - and as been pointed out - nothing to stop them screen recording using a mobile phone. I'll park this one under the "impossible" header Thanks all
jthompson Posted December 6, 2021 Posted December 6, 2021 Odd one... I need to share a video to one specific email address in such a way that it can only be streamed and can't be downloaded. And you tube isn't an option for this.... OneDrive and Stream are easily bypassed and if I embed it in a secure webpage then the right click option to save video as can't be disabled. Thoughts?? Andrew You could share it via Google Drive and disable the download option. Give the recipient Viewer privileges, but also click the cog on the share dialogue and untick the option "Viewers and commenters can see the option to download, print, and copy". You could also give them time-limited access this way, too, so that they've only got access until X date.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now