Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a potential issue and security flaw relating to non-domain computers connecting to the internet, but not being filtered through Websense.

 

All machines are correctly routed through our ISA server, but they only seem to be filtered by Websense when they have the proxy details set in the browser, ie. by logging onto the domain.

 

My question is how can I force ALL ISA internet traffic to be filtered by Websense?

 

This is going to become more of an issue as my SMT are proposing installing wireless over the summer which the kids could connect to through their own laptops...

  • 10 months later...
Posted
Did you get anywhere with this? I see the post was from June 2008 so hopefully you found a way round it. I am in the same boat as it were with about 50-60 laptops coming in and not going on the domain but requiring internet access. I want to force them through the websense.
Posted
You need to have Websense/ISA working in transparent mode with authentication, and then configure your border router to redirect all port 80 and 443 traffic to the appropriate port on your ISA box and block all other traffic. Exactly how you do this depends on your individual setup.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...