sefton Posted April 24, 2023 Posted April 24, 2023 Hi Arbor, We are looking at moving to yourselves from SIMS but I have a couple of questions regarding Arbors like for like replacements to SIMS functionality. 1: What is your timetabling solution and can it take Nova-T imports? 2: Is your reporting system able to take SIMS rptdef files? 3: Do you have a communication module like SIMS InTouch for messaging parents on behaviour, attendance etc? 4: Do you work with 3rd party providers such as parent pay, school cloud, wonde etc and are you sync tools easy to use? Thanks I can answer some of them for you as I manage Arbor for our Trust, and write all the timetables. 1: You can manage the Timetable within Arbor but unless it is a very basic timetable I would not advice writing it in Arbor. I use Timetabler, Edval is the other option, to write the timetable and then manage it within Arbor for staff or room changes for the rest of the academic year. I don't think Arbor accepts Nova as an import and to be honest I'm glad it doesn't as changing was quite a learning curve but it is worth it. 2: No 3: Yes, it is built in, for SMS, email or using the parent app 4: Yes, you just authorise an API request. No additional installation or synchronisation tools are needed. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now