Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I've just created an article on the wiki describing the steps necessary to set up RT on Ubuntu 6.06.

 

The setup I describe sets up RT to authenticate against the active directory and retrieve email from a googlemail pop3 account.

 

I don't go into any detail about setting up an outgoing smtp server, as the system makes use of the local sendmail service, so if you want to alter that you will have to look elsewhere I'm afraid.

 

Link:http://www.edugeek.net/wiki/index.php/Installing_RT_on_Ubuntu_6.06

Edited by localzuk
Added link
Posted
If you need to send mail from an ubuntu machine, the simplest way is to setup 'ssmtp'.

 

The reason I didn't go into any detail is because many RBCs/LEAs provide different methods of accepting and sending email. For example Somerset County Council allows sending of email only via their Exchange server which runs SMTP, and then it has to be authenticated.

 

They also block access to any POP3 or IMAP servers on the default ports. Gmail works because they use a different port.

 

So I have a smarthost setup in postfix to relay mail from the servers via the exchange server using my user account.

Posted
Well email would be it's own wiki article. :) I was just point out that ssmtp will work for most people who want to get mail of their *nix boxes. All you have to do is tell it where your smarthost is.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...