Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We currently have our email provided by RM. This contract ends next week and so i've spoken to Synetrix about moving it over to EMBC and accessing it through them. I just can't seem to find any info about creating email addresses though. I want to be able to create email addresses but not necessarily logins to the portal. Do the two go hand in hand or have i missed something? Searched the portal documents but can't find anything.

 

Cheers, Andy

Posted

Next week will absolutely suck for you then mate.

 

At the moment the admin tools are in a 'test phase' at the LA which long and short means we can't do jack to make accounts etc letalone email addresses alone which I doubt you'll be able to do as the exchange offering is tied into the sharepoint login.

 

Might be worth moving your mail into the VLE instead as I believe thats the ultimate goal for Northants anyway...

  • Thanks 1
Posted

As I understand it, you need to setup a portal user to get email address. You don't have to use the portal though. :)

 

Then again portal controlled filtering can be neat.

Posted

Thanks Guys,

 

I'll have a look at enable, but i may sit tight for a bit until i find out how they're going to migrate the vle & embc. (Sorry, i swore and said the 'm' word!)

 

There's no point me setting everyone up with email via the portal if the lpplus email is going to take precedent, and vice versa.

 

Makes me wonder how we survived without it all; RM login, VLE login, Portal login...and it's all a variation on the same theme!!

 

Next job - ring Synetrix and sort out website.

 

Groundhog Day, me thinks!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...