abillybob Posted September 7, 2016 Posted September 7, 2016 Hi All So we buy into VLSC and have Office 2016 on all the Macs in school. Recently we updated the software using the autoupdate feature to the latest version, took a new image and re-deployed. Though now when children try and open Powerpoint, Word etc it prompts them to login to what I'm guessing is Microsoft account, our kids don't have Microsoft Accounts setup so we'd rather this didn't come up every time they started the app. Can someone help? I've been looking on the internet for a while but can't see anything! Thanks
ChickenDhansak Posted September 7, 2016 Posted September 7, 2016 Outlook for Mac 15.x - Repeated password prompts still an issue ... - Microsoft Community Does this help you at all? Looks like it's an ongoing issue
3s-gtech Posted September 7, 2016 Posted September 7, 2016 Is there a skip this step prompt underneath the Sign In button? If so, that's fine (but a pain). If not, and the software won't run, you'll need to run the 'Serializer' which activates each copy. I don't know how to suppress the prompt altogether though.
Arthur Posted September 7, 2016 Posted September 7, 2016 Recently we updated the software using the autoupdate feature to the latest version, took a new image and re-deployed. That's the problem. https://clburlison.com/demystify-office2016/ Method 2 - Volume License Installation If you are a Volume License (VL) customer your first step is to log into the VLSC and download the latest Office 2016 for Mac iso file. Inside of this file you will find the latest VL Installer package and the VL Serializer package. At this time, the VLSC has 15.17 however 15.18 has been released. Microsoft is working to sync the development and VLSC teams so that the latest update is available on the VLSC faster. This installer is deployed via Apple’s Installer Application (command line & GUI) and can be deployed via: Apple Remote Desktop Munki Casper While at the loginwindow And can NOT be baked into an image. This is due to how the serialization process works. Your options are to now deploy the VL installer package or you can now download the latest SKU-less installer package (http://macadmins.software) to deploy. When you use the second option you are able to deploy the SKU-less installer and then apply your VL Serializer package to create a supported install. This is a kind of “future proof” solution as you would not have to access the VLSC again to receive updates. If you are creating an image containing all of your apps (as opposed to using something like Munki to deploy them) then you will need to use the latest SKU-less Office 2016 installer and then install the VL Serializer pkg post-deployment so that it licenses each Mac properly.
abillybob Posted September 7, 2016 Author Posted September 7, 2016 @Arthur cheers mate. Is there anyway I can fix this or am I going to have to uninstall office and re-install again using the method above? Thanks
Arthur Posted September 7, 2016 Posted September 7, 2016 Is there anyway I can fix this or am I going to have to uninstall office and re-install again using the method above? Try re-running the VL Serializer pkg on one of the Macs you have already imaged.
abillybob Posted September 8, 2016 Author Posted September 8, 2016 Try re-running the VL Serializer pkg on one of the Macs you have already imaged. Cheers mate where do I get this from though as it's not on the Macs that I have imaged and it's not on the macs I haven't imaged (Which are working fine) I've looked on VLSC and under Office 2016 for Mac Standard there isn't an option to download a serializer..? Sorry to be a pain!!
abillybob Posted September 8, 2016 Author Posted September 8, 2016 You can get it here Thanks I clicked on here which I suspect is the correct one but all it does it take me to the VLSC homepage... No download begins!
2ilent8cho Posted September 8, 2016 Posted September 8, 2016 When you download Office 2016 for Mac Standard from the Microsoft volume licence site, inside the DMG file is the serialiser
3s-gtech Posted September 8, 2016 Posted September 8, 2016 When you download the ISO for Office for Mac 2016, that ISO should contain two .pkg files, one is the installer and one is the serializer. ^^Too slow!
Arthur Posted September 8, 2016 Posted September 8, 2016 (edited) What @2ilent8cho and @3s-gtech said. If you ever need to install Office 2016 from scratch download the SKU-less installer from macadmins.software since it's always more up-to-date then the one on VLSC and then run the VL Serializer from the VLSC ISO afterwards on each Mac to license it properly. Edited September 8, 2016 by Arthur
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now