clm Posted May 11, 2016 Posted May 11, 2016 We are going to build a new school website (thinking of wordpress) can we use the free wordpress and import a free or paid template within wordpress? or do we have to pay a monthly amount for features to wordpress to use the templates we purchase. Also does your school use wordpress or a free webbuilding site? if so please can you post your webaddress so we can see ideas on features used and the template you have used. Thank you in advance
3s-gtech Posted May 11, 2016 Posted May 11, 2016 Wordpress, for you own installs on your own servers, is free. No monthly fee. Paid templates will work the same as free ones, once added in. We use Wordpress, as do many other schools. It can be a really good basis for a powerful website, if planned correctly. We also use other tools like Joomla, Moodle etc, all of which have their place.
maturelady Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 WordPress is so, so easy to use. I'm a 65 year old non techi lady who's still involved in schools and I'm 100% self taught. I've built a couple of website in no time. Didn't cost anything only hosting charges. I'll DM a url in case I'm breaking forum rules by posting it. I love working with WordPress its so flexible. Chose a good theme, definitely go for a responsive one. I used Square but there's lots of other good free ones. Experiment with Plugins, you'll be amazed what they can do, eg bring in your Twitter feed, have a count down to an event, link to Amazon to make you some money! Google analyticals can be added too and SEO is very powerful. It tells you when you need to update anything so be sure to always do it. Shout if I can help
mdrabble Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 If you are using wordpress I would strongly recommend you install the following plugins - WordFence and iThemes Security. These plugins are used to help protect your site against possible hacks (although nothing is 100% safe) they can be used independently or can be used together to help bolster the security of your site. 1
Themelines Posted June 8, 2017 Posted June 8, 2017 (edited) If your requirement is only creating WordPress-powered websites, then WordPress.com is the best place to access all the free resources. However, building a free website using WordPress will not allow you to enjoy online visibility for your portal. So, it is important to choose a theme that is based on SEO optimization. I recommend a website, https://www.themelines.com/, which has a wide array of thoroughly SEO-optimized themes. Themelines also provides you with the access to free responsive bootstrap themes for your WordPress site along with easily customizable templates. Edited June 8, 2017 by Themelines
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now