L_Smith Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 Hi all, I was just wondering if many people install their own IWB's (or similar device). I did my very first install before the half term and it went really well. It did take me a while as I had to do my normal tasks whilst doing it but luckily the room wasn't in use. Saved the school £400 on install costs.
mthomas08 Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 We do, with assistance from the caretakers and sometimes electrician. Once done, we like it to look professional and never need touching again.
sidewinder Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 (edited) Good god no. I dont mind drilling holes to put up a network point or AP but I'm just not skilled enough to be mounting projectors (safely) Would do one with the help of the caretaker but generally get the pros in. And now generally anything new we buy will be a massive interactive display on a balance box, that really is a job for a professional installer Edited February 26, 2016 by sidewinder
Oaktech Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 Yeah, love it. I was a professional installer in a former life and with enough bolts and unistrut i can hang anything off anything else!
mthomas08 Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 Yeah, love it. I was a professional installer in a former life and with enough bolts and unistrut i can hang anything off anything else! Does that include Teachers?
Sagima Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 We install all of our own stuff (I use the word "we" as a collective for the whole of the estates and it teams - I don't do it myself) and do almost all of the ethernet and fibre cabling.
Oaktech Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 Does that include Teachers? Yeah, pretty much.
Kingstech Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 In my previous school I installed about all the AV kit for about 4 years. I enjoyed doing it.
psydii Posted February 26, 2016 Posted February 26, 2016 We never do it in house. Technically the premises team do it, but they are outsourced, and in turn sub contract the work. The joys of PFI. Previously I have always prefered to bring in professional installation teams as part of the whole package, to ensure consistency and limit the combinations of kit that we have to evaluate/support. I even do this with desktop deployments. It gives my team space/time to focus on improvements to the service. .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now