Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have two Dell R720's acting as hosts for HyperV. I'm starting to begin to run out of space (<25%), ok, so I'm not in any danger at the moment, but I'm looking at options.

 

The drives currently are 10x 300GB 15k SAS in each server, which are still v.expensive. I was thinking of maybe (for roughly the same price per disk) adding a few 900GB 10k SAS drives and creating a separate VD on the controller (Dell's H710mini) and using this purely as a replication store, thus freeing up space on the primary VD.

 

I was wondering if anyone out there who has experience with this server/controller...

 

1) Is this actually possible?

2) Would is slow down the 15k drives sharing the same controller?

 

Any advise would be welcome...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...