Oaktech Posted March 11, 2015 Posted March 11, 2015 My new place has a ruckus infrastructure with 7 points and a zone director 1100. I need to move the zone director to a different place in the rack, but if possible I would like to do it without any downtime. There is a issue with the network cabling basically being tied in a knot. If I were to stick a cable in the second network point in the front of the director and poke it into a switch (there aren't any vlans) can I then unplug the first network cable to untangle it without everything dying? Do I need to configure that interface in some way? Apologies if this is a stupid question but I've never had to touch a Ruckus system before!
smithson83 Posted March 11, 2015 Posted March 11, 2015 Probably not the best idea, but... I'd get the new cable routed in place but not plug in any where, and quickly switch it over. Do it right as the bell goes for dinner, I wouldn't think people would notice a few seconds. The Zonedirector's (mine at least) seem pretty resilient to such things, I've accidently unplugged it before, and no one squawked.
Boredguy Posted March 11, 2015 Posted March 11, 2015 I've had our ZD off for an hour before and the only issue was the students couldn't sign in, but the staff laptops were happily connected still. You could just pop the temp cable into the port 1 while you sort the knots out... a couple of seconds downtime won't be noticed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now