Joanne Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 I'm getting prices for some new switches. Our current ones are 3com 10/100's LOLZ! Anyways, I'm being quoted on TP-Link... any thoughts? TL-SG2452 - Welcome to TP-LINK That model in particular. They seem cheap (£200).
Michael Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Buy some HP's - they're reliable and come with lifetime warranties. The HP 2530 J9775A is the same spec as your switch above or with PoE the J9772A.
sparkeh Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Buy some HP's - they're reliable and come with lifetime warranties. The HP 2530 J9775A is the same spec as your switch above or with PoE the J9772A. ^ This. After hassle with other brands (not specifically TP-Link) I've stuck with HP and not had a single problem, just fit and forget. Not directly related but I do however have a TP-Link wireless router and home and its nothing but trouble (replacement arrived today )
3s-gtech Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 We have a couple of TP-Link WAPs in place (SMB style with multiple SSIDs, PoE etc) and a couple of PoE injectors. These were just fitted to complement an existing managed system, and work pretty well (especially for the cost). Personally I would stick with HP or the Cisco SMB (SG series) from experience for a good balance of value and quality.
Joanne Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 Yeah I assosciate TP=Link with crap routers. I've looked at the reviews for the switch and it has good ones. I'll get prices for HP too methinks!
Joanne Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 I should probably also mention that there are probably about 25 clients on the copper network... although I'm planning to cable more up once the speed is better! (Laptop docking stations and whatnot).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now