contink Posted November 7, 2007 Posted November 7, 2007 I've got three schools all looking for some interactive whiteboards (smartboard is coming out on top) and a number of projectors that need replacing so I'm keen to identify one good quality and cost effective supplier and installer for all the schools. RocheAV were great when it came to the whiteboard but the attitude I got on the phone was one of "one projector is not worth our time" when it came to installation (You know what I mean, it's the tone of the sales guy on the other line) so I'm leaning away from them. Can anyone recommend anyone for the North Yorkshire area that really are good and worth the money and just as importantly will deal with any problems if they crop up? Thanks in advance.
Oops_my_bad Posted November 7, 2007 Posted November 7, 2007 Yeh I have the same problem with cockroche... they're OK if you have a few that need doing but anything less and the salesman on the other end of the phone won't even get out of bed for it Have you tried this thread for installers based in the north
contink Posted November 7, 2007 Author Posted November 7, 2007 Have you tried this thread for installers based in the north Thanks for that... there's some possibles there but I suspect the distance may be a limiting factor.. just that bit too far east for most of them I reckon. Anyone else?
Styloid Posted November 7, 2007 Posted November 7, 2007 Ask us please. We are on the North Yorks / West Yorks boarder. Its not good protocal to recomend ourselves but if you give us a call we can give you the names of many school referance sites in Leeds / Bradford who will tell you how good we are. All engineers CBR'd, years of experiance, and we think freindly and capable, high rate of repeat business from schools. Please call Tony Bucci on 01535-616000. we'll be very happy to quote.
contink Posted November 7, 2007 Author Posted November 7, 2007 Ask us please. We are on the North Yorks / West Yorks boarder. Its not good protocal to recomend ourselves but if you give us a call we can give you the names of many school referance sites in Leeds / Bradford who will tell you how good we are. All engineers CBR'd, years of experiance, and we think freindly and capable, high rate of repeat business from schools. Please call Tony Bucci on 01535-616000. we'll be very happy to quote. I'll do that and have that list on hand as I will ask .. What company is it btw.. ?
kestrel1 Posted November 7, 2007 Posted November 7, 2007 We had Roche do an install of a few Whiteboards & projectors a couple of years ago. Had no problem with them. Even though they are based up north, we are down south & got good service from them. We have just had more boards fitted that are excellent. Smartboard 680i. http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Products/SMART+Boards/Front+Projection/600i+Series/ They have a short throw projector built into an arm that comes out from a unit above the board. Sound is built in. The boards can be used without anything attached. Switch it on & use the supplied pens to write, anything on the board can be saved to a USB drive for future use or whatever. We used IDN Services from Bolton. http://www.cxcommerce.com/pgPromotions.cfm?cx=5E77839DD37678338BD84FCADEB8D24309B1C80D5A1DC90F0D0C904FC7E5A0DDF9D4F4DDD8EEE250D0FA6C They don't have their own installers, but the companies that they use do a very good job. It may be worth contacting them.
DarrenC Posted November 28, 2008 Posted November 28, 2008 Thanks for that. We do actually have Northern based, time served CTS engineers and we'd be happy to have a chat.
john Posted November 28, 2008 Posted November 28, 2008 I'll also chip into this, even though its nearly a month old, but Audioworks (NW) are highly recommended and do North Yorkshire. I've used them for stuff and I know Jcollings has and I am confident to say we would both very happily recommend them. Audioworks - Audio and Audio Visual - Induction Loop Systems - Equipment Sales Hire Installation Lancaster | Tel: 015242 61628 Contact is Martin Hodgson.
timbo343 Posted November 28, 2008 Posted November 28, 2008 Have you tried KPMS KPMS Audio video trade discount for education, health and industry They are based in braham. We were going to use them but our site manager is really strict on who is allowed to work on our site. They have done a load of schools in North Yorkshire.. Ask to speak to Phil.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now