VeryPC Posted April 4, 2013 Posted April 4, 2013 Hello, helpful community members. I have a secret mission for you - head over to http://www.very-pc.co.uk and check out our awesome placeholder page announcing the imminent arrival of the brand new VeryPC website. Spend some time hovering over those links and read the guide texts. Hunt for the clue to the location of a hidden bonus. Find the bonus, and claim your delicious prize! Come back here and post your comments about our placeholder page - we think it's the best ever (obviously!), but we'd love to hear your thoughts too. Remember, it's the nature of a placeholder page to be temporary, so act now, it won't be there for very long and you might miss out. Hope you enjoy our work. Al 1
witch Posted April 4, 2013 Posted April 4, 2013 Um - dunno about the prizes, but so far? One apostrophe missing (thats tough) several hyphens adrift (architecty-engineering-animator...) one misspelling....(challanging) one typo (componenets) ..and a bit American - "dumb" and "enough already" Sorry, but that was just a cursory look.. I like the way it is laid out and it is a shame to spoil it with the irritating mistakes do I win a prize? :) 1
TechMonkey Posted April 4, 2013 Posted April 4, 2013 Thank you for the distraction. I did have to cheat slightly but I like a fun challenge
VeryPC Posted April 4, 2013 Author Posted April 4, 2013 One apostrophe missing (thats tough) several hyphens adrift (architecty-engineering-animator...) one misspelling....(challanging) one typo (componenets) do I win a prize? :) Thanks @witch your inspection is appreciated very much. Hover over your corrections for a little acknowledgement of your help. ...and yes, you do win (or rather earn) a prize for that - sweeties en route! Al 1
witch Posted April 4, 2013 Posted April 4, 2013 Um.... commerical - oh another typo - missed that before and then there's these - me being picky.. UK-made Proper all-in-one PCs supplier who - not supplier that VeryPC-made I know, I know - but it looks better if it is right!! 1
VeryPC Posted April 5, 2013 Author Posted April 5, 2013 Um.... commerical - oh another typo - missed that before and then there's these - me being picky.. UK-made Proper all-in-one PCs supplier who - not supplier that VeryPC-made I know, I know - but it looks better if it is right!! Thanks again @witch for your help. We've applied the emboldened corrections but left the rest. I reserve a little artistic licence to deviate from grammatical convention in the interests of creative communication (←which must be what this sentence is all about). Al 1
siuko Posted April 5, 2013 Posted April 5, 2013 Pah! that sauce was too easy to find And haribo aren't veggie so I'm not playing 1
dave.81 Posted April 5, 2013 Posted April 5, 2013 As a placeholder page i found it very good and always nice to find freebies hidden on it! 1
VeryPC Posted April 5, 2013 Author Posted April 5, 2013 Creative communication - hmmmmmm By "creative", I mean fun and interesting, of course. Not the euphemism for half truths and falsehoods - thought I better clarify that point for anyone else reading this. Al 1
SYNACK Posted April 5, 2013 Posted April 5, 2013 (edited) I found the Easter egg and was too far away to collect so have nominated @Arthur for the prize, by process of random selection. PM the OP to collect your prize. Edited April 5, 2013 by SYNACK 1
Netman Posted April 5, 2013 Posted April 5, 2013 Pah! that sauce was too easy to find And haribo aren't veggie so I'm not playing My thoughts exactly...
VeryPC Posted June 3, 2013 Author Posted June 3, 2013 (edited) Hi folks. You may have already noticed that the VeryPC website placeholder page is down and has been replaced by the brand new website at last (at last!). Since it is now impossible for anyone else to discover the secret page, we will be sending the reward sweeties out to all the eagle eyed page trawlers, so keep an eye on those pigeon holes. At this point I want to say a big thanks to our webdevs Dan and Ben for the incredible work they've put in over the last few months - I was not an easy client to please, but that's exactly what they did, and all delays in launch are totally down to my constant demands for changes and tweaks. I already announced the website launch stealthily last Wednesday night on the way to EduGeek EDIT2013 in Preston (http://www.edugeek.net/forums/av-multimedia-related/114059-new-website-launched.html#post976157), but here's a reprise (well, a repost of the video link at least) for those who missed it: And here is the hidden page for anyone who couldn't find it: But the main thing is - sweeties en route! Al Edited June 3, 2013 by VeryPC Kudos to webdevs 1
X-13 Posted June 3, 2013 Posted June 3, 2013 And haribo aren't veggie so I'm not playing @VeryPC, I'll take Suiko's Haribo. [i've just seen this.]
VeryPC Posted June 3, 2013 Author Posted June 3, 2013 @VeryPC, I'll take Suiko's Haribo. [i've just seen this.] Actually I have a plan for the veggies... 1
VeryPC Posted June 3, 2013 Author Posted June 3, 2013 Still waiting for my haribos Ben You'll be waiting longer much not. Just waiting for the Haribo cannon to calibrate. 1
witch Posted June 3, 2013 Posted June 3, 2013 What you do, @siuko, is what I did - you hand out the sweeties and everyone loves you Mind you, if there is a veggie option going, @VeryPC, I'm up for that...
X-13 Posted June 3, 2013 Posted June 3, 2013 Actually I have a plan for the veggies... It should be noted... Vegitarian sweets are horrible. [/opinion]
siuko Posted June 3, 2013 Posted June 3, 2013 It should be noted... Vegitarian sweets are horrible. [/opinion] You've obviously not tried Veggie Percy from M&S They are very tasty indeed 2
X-13 Posted June 3, 2013 Posted June 3, 2013 You've obviously not tried Veggie Percy from M&S They are very tasty indeed I may have to try these... FOR SCIENCE!
mac_shinobi Posted June 3, 2013 Posted June 3, 2013 tut tut - didn't even get a chance to do this , sigh. Can I get some sweeties anyway lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now