cooper Posted July 20, 2007 Posted July 20, 2007 Hi Guys, In our hall we have a aluminum rack on wheels (the kind you would use in a band) with 2 amps,tape deck, mini disk, cd-player and a mixer on the top. I am getting a projector mounted onto the hall ceiling and want to put in a computer. I think the best solution would be a computer in the rack replacing the minidisk player. The only computers i can find that are rack moutable are servers, are there budget pc's about that can fit in a rack? and if so anyone know of a supplier. thanks for any advise Cooper
beast_gts Posted July 20, 2007 Posted July 20, 2007 How many Us is the space? eBay might be an idea. Get a small second hand server.
localzuk Posted July 20, 2007 Posted July 20, 2007 I would recommend looking at having one built or building one from parts at linitx.com - that is what I'm doing for our phone system. A complete 2Ghz Mini-ITX system for £400.
john Posted July 20, 2007 Posted July 20, 2007 Build your own is the solution, you can get the cases from places like CCL Computers - http://www.cclonline.com or just google Rack Mount PC Cases and you will find sites that have them.
cooper Posted July 25, 2007 Author Posted July 25, 2007 Thanks for your replys, after taking the unit apart i found out i could get a desktop in the box, Cooper
Domino Posted July 25, 2007 Posted July 25, 2007 I got a mac mini into the rack mount adapter that cam with a wireless mic receiver. Just slot it in and off it went. I know its no use to you - but it surprised me
plexer Posted July 25, 2007 Posted July 25, 2007 Get a spin server case puts all the connections at the front perfect for that application. Ben
tom_newton Posted July 25, 2007 Posted July 25, 2007 I second the mini-itx route, if only for the low power, low noise aspects, which might be important if this rack is used for presentations, and if it's powered from just one trailing cord...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now