+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Quick help with AOL website/mail please - quick and easy in Technical; Not sure which category to put this in, but usually everyone is helpful as heck so I have a quick ...

Thank Post

Quick help with AOL website/mail please - quick and easy

Not sure which category to put this in, but usually everyone is helpful as heck so I have a quick favour for anyone willing ot help.

One of my members of staff is all over me about his aol mail.

if I go to AOL.com - News, Sports, Weather, Entertainment, Local & Lifestyle, the site loads fine.

if I go to AOL.co.uk the site looks like it's missing it's CSS script

If I attempt to access email, the bar moves about two thirds along and just stops, I've tried this on several different machines with the same results, how ever the member of staff is adament that it works perfectly well for him at home and it must be our system, I've logged all the actions on forefront when I log in and everything looks fine, but the blame is still being pointed at out network by the staff member.

Could someone please test the two sites and tell me what they are getting, if you have the time could you also try logging into aol mail uk.

liamq1@aol.co.uk

password - goldpen23

this is an abolsute throw away account and password so I have no issues posting the details of it.

Any help and feedback would be appreciated as I cannot find any news what so ever and don't have access to any machines off our network at this time.

Cheers one and all

Thank Post
    Both sites appear fine for me.

I don't have any problems accessing the https page for AOL mail (clicking on the mail link from either page).

Thank Post
    Well that's a massive blow because I have no idea at all what could be causing this...are you able to access the mail box or just load the login window?

What browser are you using?

Thank Post
    All working fine here in IE & Chrome - logged in and loaded mailbox from both links.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lquinnuk View Post
    Well that's a massive blow because I have no idea at all what could be causing this...are you able to access the mail box or just load the login window?

What browser are you using?
    Fine in both IE and the latest Firefox

Thank Post
    Well this is a pickle, are either of you in the Lancashire region, I'm just wondering if it's down to them, the member of staff hits our proxy server, I have a direct line out yet we both have the same problems, the counties internet filter is the only thing we have in common.

Thank Post
    I'm running through YHGFL at this end (Yorkshire). It's working on our proxy and our unfiltered connection - could it be something in your browser settings? ActiveX control or anything? I don't use AOL so can't say I've ever had the exact issue, but on other sites I've had similar issues.

I tend to find going through the security settings in the browser and allowing different things to run one at a time is usually your best bet.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gtg93 View Post
    I'm running through YHGFL at this end (Yorkshire). It's working on our proxy and our unfiltered connection - could it be something in your browser settings? ActiveX control or anything? I don't use AOL so can't say I've ever had the exact issue, but on other sites I've had similar issues.

I tend to find going through the security settings in the browser and allowing different things to run one at a time is usually your best bet.
    I've already done pretty much that, I basicalyl stripped everything back to suicide levels, everything allowed, everything on low, still no joy, also I'd be surprised if the same browser settings had been changed on every persons browser in the school, quite a few members of staff work on stand alone machines and the aol problem started the first day after half term after workign fine the day before we broke up.

I have another thread asking people in lancs to try and it seems someone else has the problem, or at least i hope so........

Who the flip uses AOL anyway!!

Thank Post
    I've been on with the fellows at the councils ICT filter today, they have made the required changes and AOL seems to be working ok now for those who haven't tried it since.

It would appear it was a block on http://aolcdn.com, and I have been informed access should be ok for all schools, this has fixed both the missing CSS file and the email problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread