+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 Trust relationship in Technical; We've seen the same thing and it's usually because two computers have the same name....

Thank Post
    We've seen the same thing and it's usually because two computers have the same name.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    @Synack. Regarding post #10. Try this instead...

Code:
    netdom resetpwd /server:domaincontroller /userd:domain\administrator /passwordd *
    You can find a copy of NetDom.exe in the Remote Server Administration Tools if you want to run it from a Windows 7 PC. More details here.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by todd View Post
    We've seen the same thing and it's usually because two computers have the same name.
    Same. Happened to me when accidentally had two computers with the same name.

Thank Post
    We have laptops on Win7 SP1 which this happens on.

I am going to push out a GPO which disables machine account password changes and will see how it goes....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,676 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Disabling startup repair did the trick for me.

Thank Post
    I've also been experencing this alot since we moved to Windows 7. I've got a case open with Microsoft because I am fed up with re-joining machines to the domain when they loose the trust relationship. They think it's something to do with the way we imaged the machines using SCCM, but i'm not so sure as out of 1000 or so machines not every machine has expererienced the problem (and they were all imaged the same way), they also will just loose the relationship randomly so I don't the issue is being caused by duplicate names (in this instance anyway....)

Will update you all if I get anything meaningful...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Disabling startup repair did the trick for me.
    Yep same here, after deploying the fix mentioned here we haven't had the issue occur again.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    There's a good article here that describes why it happens.

Up until now I've demoted the machine from the domain and then re-promoted, it always works.

Interestingly in every case, this trust issue happens only with wireless netbooks/notebooks and not wired desktops.

I believe it probably may have something to do with Windows 7 repairing itself or something along these lines.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Up until now I've demoted the machine from the domain and then re-promoted, it always works.
    Have you ever tried using the NLTest command? Unlike NetDom.exe, it is included with Windows 7 as standard and is a bit quicker than re-joining the computer to the domain.

Code:
    nltest /sc_verify:YourDomain

Thank Post
    We have regular powercuts, occasionally leading to win7 machines deciding to repair themselves at startup!

This as a computer startup script sorted it for us:

Disbale_Repair_Win7.bat

bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures
    Last edited by burgemaster; 6th March 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Have you ever tried using the NLTest command? Unlike NetDom.exe, it is included with Windows 7 as standard and is a bit quicker than re-joining the computer to the domain.

Code:
    nltest /sc_verify:YourDomain
    No I haven't as yet as I came across it today. When I receive another trust related problem, I'll give it a go

Thank Post
    We have the same.

It happens on desktops and laptops, wired and wireless, some imaged some oem.

I have started having some that after removing from domain will not re-join.

Next time I will try some of the above tips.

cheers.

Thank Post
    I am having a similar issue. We have recently upgraded around 1200+ machine to Win 7 SP1 using SCCM.
    Over the last 3 months or so we have been getting jobs logged for trust issues. In most cases the fix is as simple as a reboot but in some we have to do the whole disconnect and re-join the domain....

In most of the cases the issue happens when the user stays logged into their machine overnight . The next morning when the user goes to unlock there machine they get the trust issue. Unplugging the network cable allows the user to unlock the machine and carry on (once the cable is plugged back in that is...).

I think the issue started happening when we had DNS scavenging turned on but I can't be sure. I know we do have issues where DNS appears to be slow to replicate so we need up with multiple machines with the same IP.
    Also the issue isn't happening on the same machine more than once (that we can tell) as of yet so it makes it very hard to troubleshoot.

Any thoughts??

Thank Post
    i wonder if its to do with naming. i recently replaced a suite pc so i changed old pcs name and turned it off (diddnt reboot). added new pc with the name id released and it seemed to work fine till login. Redomained plenty of times eventually added an a to the end of the name and its worked fine ever since

Thank Post
    Hi sted,
    As part of our rollout the names of any existing machines were changed by prefixing them with a 3 character suffix, also a large number were replaced with new machines.
    As we use the machines serial number with the 3 character prefix there is no chance of the names been the same (he says crossing his fingers)…

Does anyone know how the machine password process works when it comes to Windows 7 and Server 2003 Ad?

I have found an article from 2009 but the Reg. keys that store the current and previous password that are talked about in this article don’t exist in Win 7 (at least not in the same location) and the attributes on the server where they should be stored are empty…

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast