+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 wont install Adobe cs3 in Technical; It just installed as default for me, no compatibility mode or anything, just double clicked the setup file, and away ...
    Thank Post
    It just installed as default for me, no compatibility mode or anything, just double clicked the setup file, and away it went!

Thank Post
    Right click the installer and choose properties. Then click on the compatability tab and choose from the pull down list.

I had something very similar with the RC of win7 but didn't have any issues at all with the RTM and volume license versions.

3. Thanks to mb2k01 from:

KimHJ (11th November 2009)

Thank Post

Smile Cannot install Photoshop CS on Windows 7

Had the exact same probe as original post. Purchased new laptop with Windows 7 Professional as the O.S.

I tried installing CS3 after installing XP mode for Windows 7. The installed Office 2003. Then tried to install CS3. CS3 would go through the initialization then stop. Called Technical who pointed me to Adobe website.

Luckily came across this site.

I did a full recovery to start from scratch. Did Window's update. The UAC slider was set to to the lowest setting. Started installation of CS3. Installed with no problem.

Most likely it was the User Access Control that held it up but I am not sure since I am only moderately computer literate.

Figure I would post my experience in case anybody else has same problem.

5. Thanks to fabs from:

Oops_my_bad (25th November 2009)

Thank Post

Adobe CS3 Silent install working on Windows 7

I have recently been trying to install CS3 to Windows 7 deployments.

If I install manually using the GUI they work fine, but if I use the silent install (which worked under XP) it fails.

After a lot of searching I found the problem (though why it doesn't break the manual install too I don't know)

In .\payloads\AdobeIllustrator13en_US and .\payloads\AdobePhotoshop10en_US there are xml files with proxy in the name. At the bottom of each file is a <SystemRequirementJSON> section which refers to Windows XP, Windows Vista and a couple of others, but it doesn't include Windows 7 (it wasn't about) and therefore the silent install fails because it reckons the operating system isn't acceptable.

I did briefly try modifying the section the include Windows 7, but I rapidly got bored at guessing and just deleted the entire <SystemRequirementJSON> from both xml files.

After deleting that section the silent install worked fine under Windows 7. Obviously this would also allow you to install to systems that really aren't compatible, but so long as you only want Windows 7 (and above I guess!) then this will work.

7. Thanks to AlexB from:

Gatt (7th July 2010)

Thank Post

I found the problem

The problem was that the sRGB was locked and I have to use a program called unlock to be able to delete the sRGB color profil. After that I was able to install CS3

Thank Post

How I got it to install

I was having problems installing Photoshop CS3 on Win7 32bit. Shared components installed, all others failed.

I was installing logged in as administrator, and I was right mouse clicking on the setup.exe and selecting Run as Administrator. UAC is disabled. The installer is located on a Network volume.

I copied the whole directory from the network volume to a folder on my desktop and ran the setup.exe from there. It installed without problems.

Not sure this will help anyone else, but thought I would share.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
    I have recently been trying to install CS3 to Windows 7 deployments.

If I install manually using the GUI they work fine, but if I use the silent install (which worked under XP) it fails.

After a lot of searching I found the problem (though why it doesn't break the manual install too I don't know)

In .\payloads\AdobeIllustrator13en_US and .\payloads\AdobePhotoshop10en_US there are xml files with proxy in the name. At the bottom of each file is a <SystemRequirementJSON> section which refers to Windows XP, Windows Vista and a couple of others, but it doesn't include Windows 7 (it wasn't about) and therefore the silent install fails because it reckons the operating system isn't acceptable.

I did briefly try modifying the section the include Windows 7, but I rapidly got bored at guessing and just deleted the entire <SystemRequirementJSON> from both xml files.

After deleting that section the silent install worked fine under Windows 7. Obviously this would also allow you to install to systems that really aren't compatible, but so long as you only want Windows 7 (and above I guess!) then this will work.
    Thank You!! Though I have Design Premium, so had to go through every proxy.xml file and find/remove the section - it now appears to be installing silently - woohoo!

Thank Post

Big thank you. Solved the prblem I have been having for 2+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by KimHJ View Post
    The problem was that the sRGB was locked and I have to use a program called unlock to be able to delete the sRGB color profil. After that I was able to install CS3
    Have been having this problem for 2+ years with XP & Win 7 (took me a while to find this thread I know). The sRGB trick worked a treat thanks so much. You't don't know how much time I spent on this team win. Tx edugeek & KimHJ.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pscott View Post
    It just installed as default for me, no compatibility mode or anything, just double clicked the setup file, and away it went!
    we use cs3 with no install issues on win7.

Thank Post
    Offtopic somewhat but its quite hard to get 2.75 gb of RAM - sounds like you should be running 64bit windows...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12