Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello :D

 

we have 3 copiers in the school so eventually I want to set them all up for scanning but I'm working on the one closest to me in our staff room.

 

I want to enable scanning to SMD folder so staff can scann docs and pick them up on any work staton via a share folder from one of our servers.

I had already configured the copier to connect to the network for printing in may/june and just this week tried to setup scan to smb and have found it very dificult to understand the menu stucture, I've now got access to the http interface but still have had no look setting this up.

 

when I go to scan and choose a new destinaton a browse button comes up to navigate to a network share but I get the folling message " Cannot connect to specified path, please check settings "

 

our only option for scanning atm is a small usb scanner connected to 1 PC in the staffroom, it isnt used alot unless somone really needs somthing scanned but it would open up the opertunity for them and since there is 3 in the school it would be nice for staff to be able to used what we have.

 

Thanks in advanced

 

Bryan

Posted
Avoid scanning to folders, its a pain to manage. We use an LDAP lookup and scan to the users email and they get it as a PDF in an email. So much easier to manage and the list is always up to date.
Posted (edited)

the pdf setting up ldap v2 is how to setup scan to email, I have other guides. If you get stuck or need help drop me a pm or post back

 

If you are still having issues you may have to disable smb signing on your server ( again look into this / research this as may be a security risk )

 

There are work arounds etc but if you do not want to disable smb signing , I know that they have resolved this issue with a firmware update ( again you will have to arrange for an engineer to come out to update the firmware on the MFD )

Web Image Monitor - Scan To Folder for Windows 2003.doc

Web Image Monitor - Scan to folder.doc

Setting up LDAP V2.pdf

Scan to folder on copier control panel.doc

Web Image Monitor - Scan To Email.doc

scan to email on the control panel.doc

Edited by mac_shinobi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...