+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Cunninghams Support in Technical; Yesterday our Impact software wouldnt do the day end and froze. Had to force it to quit. Now trying to ...

Thank Post
    Yesterday our Impact software wouldnt do the day end and froze. Had to force it to quit. Now trying to run the software gives us "warning: The day end procedure is currently being run. Click ok to close impact".
    Been like that since 2pm yesterday. Still waiting for an engineer to ring me back!!!
    Not sure what will happen this lunchtime if the Impact software refuses to run.

Thank Post
    Apologies to everyone (except Cunninghams)… Yet again I feel the need to vent my frustration about the poor support provided by Cunninghams. Technically they are capable, but organisationally they are terrible. The poor women answering the phone promises a call back and nothing happens, you call in, sorry I can’t connect you, they will call you back – repeat until bored.

I would recommend that any taking on a cashless catering solution from Cunninghams establishes a clear SLA as apart of the support contract. Timely support will be important to you.

TheLibrarian

Thumbs down

I would not recommend Cunninghams as a choice for a cashless catering solution based on their efforts to install and configure our cashless system.

I still do not have any documentation beyond the few notes I had to make in a rush.
    • As I understand it, they were supposed to document what software was installed and where.
    • I had to create documentation for installing certain parts of their system.

Every time they encountered a group policy limitation they tried (unsuccessfully) to work round it instead of talking to me.
    • Redirected Start Menu and Desktop
    • No access to local hard drives

They seem to have very little understanding of PCs on domains.
    I say this because:

• They asked for a local admin on the client PC, they got a local admin on the client PC.
    • They have trouble logging in to the client PC because they keep trying to log in to the domain.

This particularly rankles because it took me some time to create group policy especially for one PC so that they could have the local admin they insisted on.

Their requirements documentation missed some important requirements.
    • Static IPs required for the server and client PC.

They wanted to store backups of financial data and BIOStore biometric data on a client PC.

All of this is based on my experience of one Cunninghams install; maybe we've got the Friday night special and really they are usually excellent.

FWIW:
    The company I wanted were the ones that were doing the Europe wide cashless catering system for Clarks (shoe people).
    AFAIK they were the only company that had a disability approved revaluation machine, and they were bonded by Sharp so if they did go bust (unlikely) then Sharp pick up the support contract and hardware maintenance.
    Last edited by TheLibrarian; 12th November 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Anyone using the Cunninghams system happy to answer a couple of questions I have via PM?

TheLibrarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Anyone using the Cunninghams system happy to answer a couple of questions I have via PM?
    Fire away.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Ditto to the librarian. I'm afraid I do not rate then at all though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ben View Post
    Ditto to the librarian. I'm afraid I do not rate then at all though.
    Yep me too

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Yesterday our Impact software wouldnt do the day end and froze. Had to force it to quit. Now trying to run the software gives us "warning: The day end procedure is currently being run. Click ok to close impact".
    Been like that since 2pm yesterday. Still waiting for an engineer to ring me back!!!
    Not sure what will happen this lunchtime if the Impact software refuses to run.
    Apparently thats just delete a file but what file is the question. I think its called day end. Its a 2 second job but we have to wait hours for an engineer to get back to us. We were told they eould ring back at 5pm, they didnt, i rang them. Their support guys had gone home. I said right, ill be in at 7.30am, get them to ring me then, they didnt, i rang them at 8am. Not good customer service at all

Thank Post
    The dayend process runs every day (well it does in supermarkets) and can cause issues when crashing, though usually you just restart the service. Though i only have experience in Supermarket Tills and Administration not so much on cashless catering! lol

Thank Post
    Just to update this. Ive just found out how they clear the dayend error..

Backup the DATA folder within IMPACT (so take a copy of it). Now within the live data folder you should see dayend.txt, delete this txt file.

Thank Post
    @timbo343 - We have had this issue since impact was installed. It happens now and again. Cunninghams told us how to do it.
    We go in and rename the dayend.txt to dayend.txtold. We have never taken a copy of the data folder.

Thank Post
    I saw it done a couple of years ago but didn't make a note of it so today it happened again and thought ill stick it somewhere so anyone can see the solution.

13. Thanks to timbo343 from:

TheScarfedOne (2nd September 2014)

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for that, will subscribe to this thread for the future.

I've found cunninghams support excellent but only seems to be run by one guy as far as I can tell. He is very good if you get hold of him, I have his mobile number now haha.

15. Thanks to zag from:

TheScarfedOne (2nd September 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12