+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, An open letter to the Scum in General; Dear Scum: An Open Letter To The Sun | The Daisy Cutter...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

An open letter to the Scum

2. 4 Thanks to mattx:

36Degrees (20th March 2012), elsiegee40 (21st March 2012), GrumbleDook (21st March 2012), Roberto (23rd March 2012)

Thank Post
    Their website also showed a pic of Liam Kellys totally distraught, whos father who had a heart attack at the end of the Killie Celtic League Cup Final.

If the NOTW shut down, the Sun should have.

Thank Post
    Amen to the daisy cutter. Personally i would shut all the red tops, along with the mail and the express. Long live the broadsheets, broadsheet though they may not physically be any more!

Thank Post
    it wont change while ever it sells the only solution to any of murdochs dodgy enterprises is to stop giving they money nowt will change while people do

Thank Post
    A very well written piece.

Thank Post
    *Claps*

I detest newspapers of all kinds and refuse to buy them (I won't buy them for myself or on behalf of others), however that does not stop LeBoyfriend from purchasing both the Sun AND the Mirror. It is possibly one of the biggest things I dislike about LeBoyfriend, but he is a creature of habit and his family have always bought the red-tops so he perpetuates this simply because he has no inclination to break out of the routine.

My mother is just as bad - she buys the Daily Fail almost religiously. I've lost count of the number of different cancers my reasonably average, non-smoking, mild-level-of-exercising life is increasing my risk of. I am pretty sure there is not a single organ in my body I am not putting at risk according to the Daily Fail...

Personally, I'd rather not spend my hard earned money on a throwaway paper that never tells the proper story anyway. I don't believe there is a single media organisation that is not morally corrupt so I prefer to take an 'average' from RSS feeds from a variety of sources. Better still, I keep my head in the sand and try not to spend my life worrying about other peoples lives - what happens in my own life is all I care about quite honestly.

8. Thanks to AMLightfoot from:

mattx (21st March 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    I don't believe there is a single media organisation that is not morally corrupt.
    Agreed, but i feel that reading the broadsheets and taking an open minded view of the opinions expressed is the least worst option for getting a balanced view!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So much unwarrented hatred... If you don't like it. Don't read it.

Pretty simple really.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post

Pretty simple really.
    I know it's crazy how someone can have so much venom and hatred over a newspaper, it is sad really. So many people have so many elitist attitudes about which newsaper you read, and how reading one over another makes you inferior or superior depending on view, get over it, as X said if you don't like it don't read it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    I know it's crazy how someone can have so much venom and hatred over a newspaper, it is sad really. So many people have so many elitist attitudes about which newsaper you read, and how reading one over another makes you inferior or superior depending on view, get over it, as X said if you don't like it don't read it.
    Attachment 13396

Someone agreed with me... No rage... Not saying I'm trolling...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts

Pretty simple really.
    I don't like it and don't read it, but why should my daughter have to look in to they eyes of a dead/dying man because these scum bags plaster the image across their front page with no regard for the effect it could have on people?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I don't like it and don't read it, but why should my daughter have to look in to they eyes of a dead/dying man because these scum bags plaster the image across their front page with no regard for the effect it could have on people?
    Attachment 13397

I spoke too soon.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Attachment 13397

I spoke too soon.
    This is why you get called a troll! I'm trying to debate your point with you and you just respond with some random 4chan image!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately many sections of the media operate almost on propaganda levels, and this has been bought into by successive generations ... by celebrities, by politicians and by the public. Once you realise that taking a pragmatic view of all media is the only way to survive (and rarely trusting any single source) then you can buy papers, watch various channels and listen to radio safe in the knowledge that you are cynical enough to know that a lot off what is written / said is opinion, most has an agenda and it is nigh on impossible to get everyone to agree about something which appears in one media outlet compared to others.

Chatting to some folk at BETT they took the healthy attitude that you buy papers to know what people are saying about things rather than to find something to believe. I tend to sort of agree ...

As for the Scum! ... they do tend to take things that bit too far and it is wrong to tar all the people that work there with the same brush, but I do know folk who have quit working for them as they cannot take the general ethos of the place and have even left News International completely as a result. I'm in the group that would happily see it close completely, not just because of the attitude to them by folk in Liverpool, but for so many other incidents ... some highlighted in that fantastic letter by Daisy Cutter.

17. 3 Thanks to GrumbleDook:

AMLightfoot (21st March 2012), kernewek-sam (21st March 2012), mattx (21st March 2012)

Thank Post
    +1

My thoughts are with Muamba and his family, not worrying about what sort of a picture or content a paper has. Especially when the article written seemed a bit bias towards the paper. All the papers if not most would sacrifice anything to get a good/bad story if it sells. Which also goes to show the population is no better

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast