Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

supportman

Members
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by supportman

  1. Yeh we just ignored it and migrated away. I mean its not hard to make a backup of a SQL database. Luckily there are more automated ways to migrate now I think. So shouldn't be an issue either way.
  2. The reason for the fee is generally to stop people collecting up all the records easily. Its surprisingly effective! We did something similar recently and found a friends biological dad who lived in America. Its amazing how quickly we could find a name, address, siblings, job and social media profiles from just a first name and nationality.
  3. Smart 8000s v3 as well as the newer Smart MX series here. Both are nice.
  4. Unify would be my choice as well, great pricing and the most modern hardware. Great choice I think.
  5. Bromcom have apparently come out with a new way of extracting the data. So sad that they have to spend development time on this, but at least its done now.
  6. We've done some great data PowerBi Analysis from Bromcom and have a PBIX file I'd like to share with all our staff. Unfortunately when I send it out, nobody can open it and it tries to get them to sign up to PowerBi premium account to view. You can do this on a trial but it won't work long term and not really great for sending school wide. Any other options that people know of?
  7. This is AMAZING! needed to hear this today after stressing over paxton issues all week Whats your long term plan? Retirement?
  8. Has anyone done an in place for 2019 to 2025 yet? I might give it a go on our print server later.
  9. 26 days for a reply to a support request is not acceptable.... It always makes me wonder why companies have priorities when logging calls. I mean if I log a request I want an answer preferably that day no matter what the urgency.
  10. We just bought some Philips digital signage TV's. They have a web browser built in that can play anything.
  11. The UI is really nice, I would just say its sensible server navigation without all the bells and whistles of 10 or 11.
  12. Why on earth are you running an exchange server in 2024....? 😂
  13. Brilliant I've been testing the insider releases and its a great upgrade. New faster updates and Hyper-V improvements are lovely. We've got a new server with SSD M2 drives and its absolutely blazing fast with windows 2025 server. EDIT: Just found the new keys on Volume Licensing as well. Nice!
  14. That's actually really interesting way of doing things. I've never thought of giving it such a long pre shared key it basically becomes impractical to type it in
  15. Ditched it years ago, we just Auto update these days. We have a registry key to stop major updates such as windows 10 to 11 . Having granular control used to great, but over complicates things now I think.
  16. Utterly desperate... I could understand a bit if they had a comparable MIS product to sell, but they have nothing other than a remote desktop version of Sims. Its almost laughable.
  17. Just tried again and it definitely does not work. I even raised a call with Microsoft and the only way to license Office 365 according to them is if you have an EES agreement and the specific license for Office 365 devices in Billing >> Licenses Device-based licensing for Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise - Microsoft 365 Apps | Microsoft Learn We've decided to just use Office 2024 which works fine on shared machines with a standard key. Only exception to that is a computer that needs Visio on it which needs the latest Office 365 to install.
  18. Your wrong lol..... But seriously... building complicated onsite super server is the worst thing you could do. A simple server with large SSD's and virtualized machines on it is enough to run any school. Have a hotspare as well and move everything possible to the cloud. You can plan out single failure quite easily these days.
  19. Just looking at this myself but isn't ShareComputerLicensing meant for Remote Desktop app rollouts? Configuration options for the Office Deployment Tool - Microsoft 365 Apps | Microsoft Learn I've tested and it doesnt work here with latest office 365 installs. We are on ESS though.
  20. To be fair, the Bromcom payment system has been pretty flawless since you changed the provider at the start of the year. Its so nice having it all integrated with the parent portal app.
  21. I thought it was interesting Scomis recommended looking at other MIS's on their PR announcement. Shows just what they think of ESS really
  22. That's pretty hilarious though, we moved MIS's a while back now and it took about an hour for our data manager to learn the new system of oData feeds and Excel. She absolutely loved it compared to Sims. She's now happily using Power Bi drag and drop to create some awesome stuff, again using the simple oData feed. Our teachers had 10mins of training on taking registers and were up and running that morning. Changing MIS is really not a big deal, especially when its just launching a website.
  23. Bromcom traditionally had the secondary schools, but Arbor has caught up now with features. Both are great MIS compared to Sims.
  24. Microsoft Stream—Enterprise Video Platform | Microsoft 365 works great, it uses SharePoint as the backend I think and is free.
  25. I just emailed them and they confirmed it doesn't work with Bromcom payments. Never quite understand why companies don't support the major providers. I mean its 20% of their potential sales!
×
×
  • Create New...