Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

supportman

Members
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by supportman

  1. Thats Java Syntax PHP uses dots echo "hello" . "world"
  2. Yes both Arbor and Bromcom have payment systems. The days of needing 3rd party cashless systems are thankfully gone when you move away from Sims. Same for comms, its all integrated in the MIS.
  3. Joshua Perry on X: "@hailst0rm Sure! Here are the latest running totals... https://t.co/GGc7bjv4yW" / X (twitter.com)
  4. We used Salamandersoft to export the linked documents. It was a 1 click thing. The point is that you don't want to migrate everything to a new MIS database. Only the stuff you really need going forward to access on a daily basis. Archiving off the 10 year old data into excel or some report is a sensible plan.
  5. The bit that was missing from the post was the full current table of School MIS's So its 1) Sims 2) Arbor 3) Bromcom 4) Integris 5) Scholarpack But for how much longer? Sims is in free fall....
  6. No idea on specific case law, but schools are covered here: Copyright licences for state schools in England - GOV.UK (http://www.gov.uk) I'm sure you can argue to death the conflicting laws and licenses in this area.
  7. We use planet Estream, rip any DVD's or iPlayer clips to it and all staff have access through Office 365 SSO. Also good for copying YouTube clips to.
  8. Yeh we don't really use any 3rd party software these days other than maybe computer science, but even there things like VSCode can be used to interface with GtiHub or Onedrive.
  9. Most people just use the SharePoint web access where we have a "staff team" and an associated shared files area there. We have a link for it on our staff homepage and auto bookmarks in edge created for all users. Awkward staff who need to scan documents or do something funky with older software simply use the "sync" button on the web to link in OneDrive. Staff use OneDrive client and web. Students use OneDrive web.
  10. We moved back in covid times. I couldn't imagine having to run a local file storage again, so much hassle. Sharepoint works very well.
  11. Try using if (str_contains('abc', '')) { }
  12. How is Hive working these days? I'm just at the research phase of cloud printing!
  13. Thanks for the detailed research and links. I've voted for them all
  14. Insanely cheap! But what would people do for web filtering? Also I love the Unify CCTV in our school, its a great system.
  15. Finally an AI feature that is actually useful!
  16. Thinking more long term, Bromcom should really have a better timetable lookup feature than running reports. I know Sims did it this way as well but surely looking up timetable data should be a separate fast feature as its used so much. Saying that, I think you can do it on the app though.
  17. Ubiquiti do a great range these days, very reliable and nice features. Also good looking. Not as cheap as they used to be, but I put them in everywhere now.
  18. Sounds very minor...
  19. 1) Generally good when you log a ticket. I miss the quick chat for quick responses but get why they can't offer that with so many new schools joining now. 2) Helpdesk has been excellent for us on virtually all tickets. Usually takes 24hrs but always get a response. 3) Much improved recently. Status page is nice but they always send out emails if there are any major outages. I think there has been 3 major outages in the 4 years we've had them and all solved within an hour. 4) Updates are excellent, they do them on Friday nights mostly and very seamless. Certainly 1 million times better than Sims and generally transparent. 5) Not great with development ideas on the portal, but I hear that is changing with a new team. Their communication has been particularly bad in that area even if the speed of development has been amazing. I'm still waiting for my room bookings update and making the payment option more prominent even though I identified them when we joined to multiple people. Then again, they have fixed the MCAS onboarding, speed of some lists that were an issue pretty quick after I mentioned them.
  20. Nope just a normal NAS. I've never had to use it as Office 365 has such good backup features already, but its nice peace of mind.
  21. We bought a synology box and use their inbuilt Office 365 backup, works really well.
  22. Did anyone ever get this working? I am also having trouble getting it to send an email from gmail: I've tried both smtp.gmail.com and smtp-relay.gmail.com but no joy
  23. Yeh v2023.12.11.0 is the latest I think. Same here no update notification on clients. EDIT: I asked live chat and the 2023 version is just an API release update so no new functionality. Apparently needs to be installed manually to update but shouldn't be needed. Also has some new firewall exceptions which might help: Senso Support | Cloud Classroom and Network Management Solution
  24. Sounds like a good idea for a backup line. I was having similar issues trying to get 5G on three under our business contract as a 2nd line into our smoothwall.
×
×
  • Create New...