Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

supportman

Members
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by supportman

  1. Thanks great, does anyone have an example of how to block powershell this way?
  2. Do you have an example of this? Are you using the scripts block or application?
  3. We've finally got our new 1903 image up and running and one last bit of feedback from students is they are able to launch and mess around with Powershell. Has anyone found a way of disabling it in Windows 10?
  4. Do you have a support ID at all? Just so I can let my engineer know.
  5. Anyone fixed this yet? Mines been escalated with no fix yet.
  6. Amazing thanks @mproffitt1983 this is the exact problem I have come up against. I don't supposed you can post the spopk.dll file can you? I don't have any 1809 machines available and was a bit reluctant to use the one from 1803. Also I still have a problem disabling or removing Solitaire. No matter what I do it seems to install itself on all new users profiles. Any advice on getting rid of it?
  7. Very cool, nice GUI that! Still the same error though, I just get an error that the Microsoft 'wallet' app is not installed. Thinking I might have to setup this image again! ouch. EDIT: This seems to confirm: SOURCE: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/sysprep--generalize--a-windows-installation
  8. I actually removed all the apps and then upgraded from 1809 to 1903. I'm guessing the error comes from there somewhere. Tried to fix it with all kinds of powershell commands to remove or re-install the apps but no luck... From the error it looks like the app is installed from multiple users and its getting confused, even though I have deleted all those users and just have administrator remaining. Now stuck on the microsoft "Wallet" app breaking the sysprep tool. Argh...
  9. I've just tried to sysprep our new Windows 10 image but getting an error. See log below. Has anyone else come up against this?
  10. Copy and paste into a text file. Search and Replace the comma (,) with a semi apostrophe ( Then just copy into the BCC field of outlook. Should work.
  11. Had a quick play with the free credits myself, but can't see too much use for it in a SASS (Software as a Service) world. Maybe for backups but I still just have our backup in a separate building at the moment.
  12. Yep same here, thanks for the case number I will let them know. Are new users still creating duplicates for you? I've just setup a test user today and it seems to be only a single instance at the moment so hoping it stays that way. Which points to a blip on their backend on Monday/Tuesday sometime causing this issue. It doesn't help remove the mailboxes with duplicates, but at least I could get some users up and running. Not a good position to be in!
  13. Yep I also have an open case (#‎14670217‎), glad to hear its not just me!
  14. We are getting a weird problem when setting up new Office 365 email addresses. Exchange online seems to create a duplicate email box. Has anyone else seen this or knows how to fix it? I've tried deleting using the admin center and powershell but get an error about the duplicate.
  15. Unifi is the way to go these days in schools, nothing can really match the features to price ratio.
  16. Use VEEAM with full recovery option, you can restore any files or whole machines.
  17. New 1903 version has split cortana out now, its much better.
  18. We use a local group policy to change the logon image but BGinfo for the users desktop. I just set it up BGinfo on windows 10 for our new images, seemed to work fine for us just as it did with Windows XP and 7. But I guess whatever works best in your environment.
  19. Whats wrong with BGinfo?
  20. Oh wow, thats seems like a sledge hammer to crack a nut. If you use Solus for Sims it should have all that info in the agent details already. There are also many other audit programs like spiceworks that can do it on mass.
  21. 4 pages ago I posted a question about the Tesla model 3 we are thinking of buying, everyone seemed to ignore that and went off on a tangent
  22. If anyone wants to jump the gun on Windows 10 1903 for education using a simple updater, Microsoft released this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant I don't seem to be able to use Remote server admin tools on my windows 10 client since the 1903 upgrade. Anyone know how to upgrade it? There doesnt seem to be an MSI anymore
  23. My girlfriend is currently looking at trading in her Range Rover Evoke for a model 3. We are looking at the standard range plus in white with the 19 inch wheel upgrade. She can sell the evoke for about 20k, so that leaves 22k to pay on the Model 3. Looking at what options are best from leasing, hire purchase or buying it outright with cash. Has anyone else bought one yet?
  24. Since you are quite experienced with the migration, do you mind saying whats good and bad about the product?
  25. [color=#373737][font=&amp]reg.exe add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer /v DisableEdgeDesktopShortcutCreation /t REG_DWORD /d 1[/font][/color] Thanks! That fixed it right away.
×
×
  • Create New...