-
Posts
374 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Jon
-
The schools I attend have some promethean boards that are at least 7 years old. I have never had a problem with any of them.
-
The best way I have found is to NOT use a static IP address on your printers... Set them up to receive a dynamic address from your DHCP server but setup an IP reservation for them on the server. This way they will always get the same address and you don't have to worry about when the static one gets "forgotten"
-
can you not just fit a new keyboard to the laptop? generally this is easy enough to do
-
I have got TomTom 6 running on my symbian phone (nokia n73), I just got myself a blutooth GPS receiver (around £20:00) and it works a treat, I have maps for UK, Europe, and France.
-
Forum / message board that supports LDAP / AD authentication
Jon replied to FN-GM's topic in Web Development
I have set up a PHPBB3 forum for my football club, you can find it here. The Gorleston Rangers Forum • Index page The security seems to be to be excellent, I did originally have it running on the previous version of PHPBB but had all kinds of security breaches, Spam users sining up posting porn links Ect. Since the switch to PHPBB3 I have not had a single problem. -
@briank, How easy are Topoligica installations these days? Have they got around to supplying .msi files yet?
-
Most of the schools I attend have moved away from Music Box now and have started to use 2Simple Music instead, This seems to be to be a very good, easy to use piece of software, as of yet I have not had any problems with it at all.
-
I did mention this to promethean when I was attemting to get my disk... I am afraid I did't get any joy from them:mad:
-
Here is the thread I was referring to http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educational-software/7299-guide-promethean-activ-software-msi-conversion-steps.html As i said I have had varied results using this method. You would be better off in my opinion getting the network disc from promethean...
-
The best way is to obtain a network deployment disc from promethean. I think that they will charge you around £25:00 for it. There is also a thread on here somwhere with instruction on how to deploy via msi, I did follow the instructions in the thread with variying results, but eventually procurred myself a copy of prometheans disc which i have had no problems with so far...
-
Hi there, Did you have any luck with this? I run a website for my junior football club Gorleston Rangers FC It needs updating badly and I have been considering a joomla option but not really sure how to get going. Whereabouts is you site?
-
[ms office - 2003] Bizarre Office 2003 issue! Please help!
Jon replied to cheredenine's topic in Office Software
Like I said... If you had of logged on with Local admin rights opened and closed all office apps this would have solved your problem. -
[ms office - 2003] Bizarre Office 2003 issue! Please help!
Jon replied to cheredenine's topic in Office Software
I have had this... It is a permissions thing on the default profile. can't remember what files exactly. A way i found that cured it was to logon to offending machine with local administrator rights. Open and close all offfice apps, the next time an ordinary user logs on the problem for me had gone. -
For items that may have static Ip address and therefore DHCP has not registered a DNS AHost record it is neccasary to do this manually. To do this in your DNS console right click your forward lookup Zone and select New Host (a) record Fill in the host name and IP address and you are done... For machines that may have the wrong ip address registered you could just run ipconfig /registerdns from a command prompt. This will sort out the AHost record for that machine.
-
I would make 100% sure that all your DNS ahost records are correct... DNS is the root of al problems...
-
I think I would keep it to just one domain. In Active Directory I would create an OU for the music dept. and delegate control to the techs that you want to administer it. They could add and remove computers and users as neccassary, create and link GPO's, etc. without effecting the whole of the domain, and of course importantly you could still maintain overall control.
-
Hi all, I am after a way to password protect memory sticks (the more free it is the better). I don't particually need to encrypt the stick... it would be sufficient to just enter a password to gain access. I have looked at truecrypt, but this is proving to be too comlicated for users to cope with.
-
Teacher wants to acess home folder from standalone laptop
Jon replied to Andie's topic in Wireless Networks
Hmm, Thats strange, this method works fine for me... -
Thanks HSS, I will grab some coffee and prepare for a long phone call...
-
Do you use redirected start menus? I would take a look at ALL your DNS settings and make certain they are correct.
-
Thanks Baccynet, I have tried Disconnecting the power but this made no difference unfortunatley. I am not back in this school until Monday so will have to try again then.
-
Thanks KPMS, I will give them a try...
-
The Great Yarmouth 2nd annual beer festival is being held in the Priory centre over the bank holiay weekend (Starts Friday ends Sunday I believe). All beers are from local breweries, Last year was a real success...
-
One of the schools i attend to has got an Epson EMP-82e projector that seems to be locked out with the security. It displays a message of request code 50098 I am assuming this is because the pin code (which I do know) has been entererd incorrectly. Does anybody know the proceedure for unloking this projector?
-
Teacher wants to acess home folder from standalone laptop
Jon replied to Andie's topic in Wireless Networks
If the user name and password used on the standalone laptop exactly match the domain username and password then he should be able to browse the network but still only have the access you allowed to him.
