Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Ditto

Members
  • Posts

    6,219
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ditto

  1. True, but it might not be so you have to be careful, it is not so 'artichoke!
  2. You probably meant 'brian' - oh, maybe not! Anyways, stop it you lot, there is only one basil and it is best fresh with tomato sauce with pasta and meatballs.
  3. I tried Right-Click on the taskbar and there is was - simples!
  4. How do you turn it off on a standalone install (Pro) on personal PC and laptops. It's like having some trashy tabloid shoved through your letterbox uninvited - I don't want it and M$ have shown they learnt nothing over the last decade - or worse ignore us!
  5. It's interesting to see how well Canada has scaled up it's vaccination rate. See https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations. I understand large deliveries of Moderna have been a key enabler.
  6. Wishing you and all the family a speedy recovery.
  7. Some strongly positive news on Novavax showing high effectiveness including against variants. This vaccine is a different technological approach to Pfizer and AZ, being protein based. It's a well established technology used for Hep-B, meningococcal disease and pneumococcal diseases. One potential advantage is it is more suited to those with compromised immune systems.
  8. It's important to understand the difference between the quoted R rate for the current circumstances and the R0 rate (pronounced R-naught). The R0 rate is what would be seen without any mitigating actions or other community protection - so the rate for measles being quoted of 12 to 18 is based on no action. If we lockdown for measles as we have with Covid, we'd see a much lower transmission level. It's pretty clear the Delta variant is much more infectious and it's possible it is more severe too. Without the vaccine levels we have in the UK, we'd be in a very precarious position. For countries with low levels of vaccination (much of the globe), it is a very worrying time. Unfortunately I can see nothing other than a delay to full unlocking from June 21st - based or data not dates. 2 jabs of the current vaccine appear to give strongly protection against the Delta variant. However, we have all head the mRNA vaccines could be adapted quickly to variants. I'd be keen to hear about progress on this front soon.
  9. I'm not convinced Stadia will win through - anyone any recent experience. I should be getting 10 times internet speed jumping from 30 - 300 later this year due to gigabit scheme so think it might be more an option. Also, currently it's on discount https://store.google.com/gb/config/stadia_premiere_edition?hl=en-GB at £53.99.
  10. I think it's fair to say it's a mixture of science and logistics and a balance being struck. This short article from bmj touches on some of both. Chuck in constantly evolving variants and there is no panacea.
  11. Yes, it's a bit like when you get past your punk days with funky hair styles!
  12. I did the UCL research swab test last week following an invite. I suspect I'd be more comfortable with the blood sample process. Having done just 2 throat swabs, the second was much more unpleasant, so to all of you in schools doing it twice a week, you have my respect!
  13. More vote for someone else's stuff than show us your stuff, but I'd thought we could all vote - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/gF4dFK1nzKRl1VhdRPqrZz/pic-of-the-season-spring-2021 I've gone for the Cornish cloud pictures - clouds have enthralled me since childhood!
  14. Do you need to replace 'enterFormIdHere' with the actual FormId in line 21 - a string of alphanumerics?
  15. Yesterday was the third highest number of vaccines given on a Sunday since they started.
  16. I'm afraid I can't subscribe to the concept of an 'average' person, we are all unique. Vaccine rates have increased - you can tell I like graphs! I'd love to see a higher increase, but vaccine production doesn't ramp up as easily as we'd all hope. It's worth recalling at the outset the record on developing successful vaccines was not great. Even allowing for emergency actions, what has been achieved is utterly amazing. Pfizer/BIONTech's use of an mRNA based vaccine is in itself quite something - early attempts at this technological approach had poor outcomes and was abandoned by many. Their vaccine is the first ever licensed mRNA vaccine.
  17. I've no idea what within that article is being referred to. I've posted a graph before so here is an updated version for the 14 day rolling average for vaccinations. I prefer 14 day over 7 day as it lessens the impact of bank holiday weekends. Are you seriously expecting an exponentially growth rate for vaccinations?
  18. 100% yes - look at the posts. You don't need to be a statistician to see the trend. By contrast, look at the posts in Electric Vehicle thread, equally skewed in the positive. I guess the balance comes from other contributors in both threads.
  19. You seemed to be obsessed with only publishing negative news. In the UK there is a huge amount of positive news, but on this occasion I won't counter it. What I would say is it you might like to reflect on the impact your publishing style may have on people, particular those who may find the situation challenging to their wellbeing. I have no issue with facts, but a completely unbalanced view being promoted is not helpful.
  20. Saw this on a local facebook sale group - Happy Car?
  21. I worked overtime there and got a new cheque, mate!
  22. Zero deaths reported in UK yesterday. 75% in UK will have had first vaccine by today, if not already. 75% could be a key milestone even for the unvaccinated based on a study in Brazil.
  23. I fear your talent is not appreciated. I suggest you head for the Edinburgh festival and perhaps you'll get the appreciation and recognition you deserve.
×
×
  • Create New...