Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. I can see my house in Surrey and my car!!
  2. Nope not me, tempting but I've just got a new job anyway...........plus they have RM so that put me off all together!!
  3. I had LBC on this morning driving into work talking about Fraud & Chip\Pin Very interesting
  4. IanT

    VPN

    Just use Windows Server VPN (Routing and Remote Access). I set this up for the teachers and works great, give them some insturctions on how to use it from home. (Adobe Captivate CS4 Videos) Ian.
  5. Installed on my home server and home pc already. not bad
  6. I made a mistake buying a few Netgear WN802T Access Points for my school - brought one too test, worked perfectly no problems, brought another 3 and they are a nightmare - reason for buying these was becuase of budget. The old Cisco and Netgears are all being replaced with 3Com 7760 AP's after I leave
  7. I was gonna say! how much is your electric bill hahah
  8. oooooo very nice, I might as well answer my own question if anyone wants to know lol 1x Server 2003 - (DC, DHCP, DNS, File, Print Server) 1x 3Com 24-Port Switch (100mb) 1x 24-Port Cat5e Patch Panel 1x Netgear ADSL2+ DG834N (24mb Be* Internet, Sync @ 21mb down, 1.4mb up) 2x PC's 1x Laptop 1x HP LaserJet 1020 (Networked) 15x Cat5e Network Ports to Patch Panel
  9. Network\Server setup @ home? (Sorry its my last day at work and Im bored)
  10. IanT

    BSF - Uh?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_of_Undertakings_(TUPE)
  11. Interesting
  12. IanT

    BSF - Uh?

    When having the Interview with the head and the ICT contractors, they have a contract with them for 4 years to install and support the school, and as said at the same time help build the in-house IT team
  13. IanT

    BSF - Uh?

    I've been into a few new schools and had a Interview a few weeks back for a new school in hackney.......they are not going over to a Managed Service - NOT all school are going to the managed service fully. The new school I interviewed at have a ICT contractor supplying the kit....supporting it for 4 years....and then going but at the same time they will help build the in-house IT team. If u do go for a interview into a new school or old, I always ask is the school got plan or going into the BSF.
  14. IanT

    Thats all......

    yay! My last day today None of the staff want me to go lol which is nice. I've been given a good few bottles of wine already
  15. why is it as soon as I leave the education sector all these Network Manager jobs start popping up! typical
  16. I would suggest u stop the exchange services and then move the database then start them backup, make sure you mount the database though. just move the logs and .edb\.stm database files to another drive - I've done it before
  17. I installed the other day, no problems this end The suite we installed AB in is running XP SP3
  18. I brought a cheap 30quid RAID card a few years ago, RAID0 and RAID5 - Worked perfectly
  19. I've just accepted another job! wish I saw this one lol saying that as its been said above.....very odd that the technician and network manager post is up
  20. The wage isnt odd at all - I've seen and been to IT Network Manager interviews offering 33k, 35k and 40k offerings
  21. check DNS Servers all up and running, I had a problem before when my DNS was down, policies wouldn't load. worth checking Group Policies Results app I think.
  22. IanT

    Best sat-nav

    I got a Navman S30 - very good SatNav
  23. IanT

    Projects ???

    I've left my new replacement to replace all AP's out with 3Com 7760 (Can afford Managed Wireless System )
  24. The technician just created a PowerPoint presention and dumped it on the 42" screen, yes 42"
  25. We got our media technician to create content for our screens etc
×
×
  • Create New...