Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. I've managed to get 2008 R2 RTM (Volume License) ISO Installed it on a test Server at the office and oh my god, what a big improvement, very W7, good features! my fav is the Recycle Bin for AD
  2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUEyDI_LSUg]YouTube - Windows Server 2008 R2 RC Interview 1/3[/ame] Good interview.
  3. haha - Im not saying I didnt keep people updated, when I say I dont believe in SLA's, I mean once we got a job in, do it asap, and 90% jobs for teachers were done within 1 hr.
  4. I've always used Symantec Ghost
  5. One of our clients is running a SQL box with 64Gb of RAM.
  6. there u go then lol
  7. IanT

    Exchange 2007 Prob

    errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ISA, pile of rubbish
  8. You just brought a broken screen, you a mad man!
  9. W7 32-bit will be 4Gb, when it comes to the 64-bit editions, the amount of memory that the OS can handle will depend on what W7 edition you have. Windows 7 64-bit Memory: * Starter: 8GB * Home Basic: 8GB * Home Premium: 16GB * Professional: 192GB * Enterprise: 192GB * Ultimate: 192GB
  10. IanT

    Exchange 2007 Prob

    I know sorry, My fault wasn't thinking at the time
  11. Jobs @ PurelyIT: Network Manager Job Type Contract Location North London Start Date 01/09/2009 Duration 3 Months Salary £150p/h <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Date Advertised 30 Jul 2009 Only 3 months though Anyway, if anyone is interested.
  12. I was shocked to hear the news this morning, seemed such a lovely man, great england manager. RIP Sir Bobby
  13. IanT

    Exchange 2007 Prob

    silly thought but is the router configured properly to forward? do you get any NDR's?
  14. Course it was ha, come on
  15. Anyone know how I can grab a list of users who have VPN Enabled from AD?
  16. Hi Chaps, I was just looking for the same thing, any else any any updated software for this?
  17. Got Windows 7 RC running on my system at home atm Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, 8Gb of RAM DDR2, 500GB SATA HDD, ATi Radeon HD 2600XT, Blu Ray Drive, DVD-RW Drive, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI, Dual 22" Screens. Runs really well
  18. try putting the domain prefix in. Example: DOMAIN\IanT
  19. You never know it could be paying 30k+ haha
  20. Now dont ask how I came across this ewell castle school Looks like a very posh school, no details of pay though which is odd. Im sure this will interest someone Ian.
  21. http://www.brightoncollege.org.uk/documents/Assistant%20Network%20Manager%20JULY%2009.pdf Brighton College - One of England's Leading Schools 25k Looks like a very posh school, but its only a temp
  22. £350m schools funding........ Croydon Council misses out on £350m schools funding (From Kingston Guardian) Interesting, saw this in paper today and online.
  23. When I was the Network Manager at my last school we just had a simple white board and columns with are names in with the list of jobs needed doing etc. Don't believe in any of the SLA rubbish in a school.
  24. Ontrack PowerControls
  25. lol fair doos
×
×
  • Create New...