Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. Double check sites and services make sure the old servers have gone
  2. You could get VNC Enterprise Edition, this has a deployment tool - very good, I tested it at my last school but didnt get around to placing an order.
  3. I've updated my setup @ Home: 1x Dell PowerEdge 840 (Server 2008, Domain Controller, Exchange 2007, File Server, DNS, DHCP) 1x Dell PowerEdge 800 (Server 2008, IIS, FTP, DNS, IPCCTV ,Backup , Domain Controller) 1x 3Com 24-Port Gig Switch 1x Cisco 3500 48-Port 10/100mb Switch 1x Netgear DG834N (Modem Mode\ADSL2+ on Be Internet 24Mb) 1x Netgear Firewall FVS114 (Firewall) 1x 48-Port Patch Panel (Cat6) 1x APC UPS 1400 2x D-Link Wireless Access Points (One up stairs and down stairs) 1x My PC (Custom Built, 8Gb of RAM, Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, 500Gb HDD, 22" Dual Screen, Windows 7 etc) 1x GF PC (Custom Built, 2Gb od RAM, Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz, 80Gb HDD, Windows XP Pro etc) 1x Toshiba Laptop 1x Dell Laptop 1x HP LaserJet 1020 1x Panasonic Blu Ray Player (Networked)
  4. British Trainsport Police Officer or Train Driver
  5. I checked the School list and there is a Network Manager there at present, so you will be working along side that person by the looks...... I dont know why some schools have so many manager jobs in the IT Department.......one school I came across had: Network Manager ICT Systems Manager ICT Director In one department!! Bit much imo
  6. ahhhhhhhhhh ic lol, are u gonna go for it?
  7. Network Manager Technicians at Dame Alice Owen's School , Potters Bar - teachinherts.com, Hertfordshire County Council's teacher recruitment web site. Dame Alice Owen's School ***
  8. asked about?
  9. Interesting......
  10. Web Edition is VERY cut down and only comes with IIS (2008 R2 7.5), DNS & Media Services, thats it, no more no less.
  11. Eteach: ICT Technician, Bristol, Bristol Required as soon as possible, an ICT Technician to join our ICT Support Team. The successful applicant will work under the direction of our Systems Manager in supporting over 600 computers on our curriculum and administration network. We have 1300 students and over 150 staff all with internet access and e-mail accounts, ICT is an essential resource both to teaching and to school management. Good Luck
  12. Eteach: Network Manager, Mangotsfield, South Gloucestershire Network Manager Salary: 37 hours per week, All Year Round Hours: HAY 6, £28,947 - £31,439 per annum Good Luck
      • 1
      • Thanks
  13. Dam right chap - good luck! Watch the World Cup while ya over there Anyway, I shall be submitting my application soon. Ian.
  14. You the Network Manager there, if so why you jumping ship?
  15. I take it you work at the school?
  16. Are you anything todo with the school?
  17. @maniac Wasnt there a job at your school a few months back for a network manager? - if so I take it you got it then?
  18. IanT

    9/11

    I was just going to college that day when it all kicked off
  19. IanT

    UPS.....

    The light has now gone btw - all good. Just a another question............is it safe to plug the UPS into a Power Extension Lead?
  20. IanT

    9/11

    I watched Flight 93 the other night - it was really horrible to watch that, you cant imagine what would of been going through there minds, it was a little upseting I must admit. It makes me so angry the horrible people we have in this world!
  21. IanT

    UPS.....

    No beeping, got happy green lights and just this orange one (ups regulating high ac power)
  22. IanT

    UPS.....

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ic - I think the battery is charging on it atm
  23. IanT

    UPS.....

    Just got a UPS (APC Smart-UPS 1400) Light indication saying......."ups regulating high ac power" Anyone know what that means? (sorry)
  24. IanT

    BBC News - Academy

    Anyone see BBC News last night, report on Academies............... BBC NEWS | Education | First days at secondary school I had an interview for the City Academy in Hackney............didnt get it.........
  25. ic, Im looking to study from home and pay for the exams, I've been in IT for over 8 years and all looks easy enough. Ian.
×
×
  • Create New...