Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

datar_

Members
  • Posts

    101
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by datar_

  1. Sounds like the classroom app to me :-/ not looked into this myself as of yet
  2. datar_

    DOOM [Doom 4]

    The Closed Alpha and Closed Beta had a better feel to both of them than the Open Beta did. They are trying to make it too like #CallofDoody and less Doom/Quake feel
  3. Looks like I'm not the only one :-) Can't start RR3 - Official Support - Resonant Rise Forums About to try it on my Mac! Edit: works great on my Mac, despite it being of lower spec than my beast machine
  4. That is a good question, currently on 8u73, I don't believe Java has updated recently, last modified 20/02. It's stopped working after windows updated to 10586.164 :-/ but other mods still work. With the same jinput files
  5. Hmmm :-( RR3 doesn't seem to want to open for me. Windows did update though. The error I'm getting is [10/3/2016 18:45:36 PM] [Client thread/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: The jar file **USERSDIR**\Instances\ResonantRise\bin\jinput-2.0.5.jar has a security seal for path net.java.games.input, but that path is defined and not secure Tried replacing the file with no resolve :-(
  6. Same here, heat generated don't seem to be very good
  7. 11.4 usually requires a key. I have however come across some schools where they have a large 438mb setup file, named along the lines of esi2011....exe, and when you install Smart Notebook it shows as activated after it's installed. It really does throw you when a few steps disappear and you think back, did I enter that key? How could I, I haven't found the .txt file yet!?
  8. I experience this from time to time across multiple sites, I don't know of any fix for it, but I seem to be a bit lucky with a mixture of Force Quitting Apple Configurator 2 and/or giving it a few minutes after signing in and using the Add App functions.
  9. It can be, if you have a bucket of water, get those ruby boots for +3 armour
  10. I'd go for a SonicWALL personally, it can pretty much do everything from Layer 3 routing to Deep Packet Inspection. Line Bonding and fail-over, LDAP Authentication so you can filter per-user. It's like LightSpeed Rocket, Smoothwall and UTM rolled into one in my books... I might be biased slightly because they look nice and Dell.
  11. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but the notification count is a bit annoying It seems to be polling the unread, tab/pane/window (whatever lingo it is ) into the badge count on the home screen (Currently on 107 - haha). As far as I am aware, using the app, everything seems spot on, the subscribed threads come to my lock screen and in my notification center as expected, not too big a fan of the Night Mode, the colours are a bit off, I can't quite describe that; Browsing the forums can feel a bit cumbersome but I feel that is just due to the sheer amount of content that is on EduGeek, I'm currently happy using the app as like a Mobile someone has replied to this or I've got a new PM, at bit like using Outlook App for quick replies rather than a full desktop experience. I haven't got an iPad to try it on but I would be willing to bet the forums experience would be a lot better on a much larger screen. The good news is, it's an App I'm starting to use daily and it's eating into my reddit time
  12. Thought I'd might do a mind dump here with my own personal experience with my own Mac (I always seem to test it on mine as staff will press upgrade and wonder why things don't work ) You can run Smart Notebook 11.4 on OSX 10.10, If you have it installed already on 10.9 and you upgrade to 10.10 it still runs. The other method is to install Ruby 1.8 which is not included in OS X 10.10/10.11 Info here - Running SMART Notebook 11.4 on OS X Yosemite | Luke Arms Packaged installed here - Running SMART Notebook 11.4 on OS X Yosemite | Luke Arms You can force Smart 11.4 on OS X 10.11 but most of the UI disappears! It still does work for the most part. I would say the performance issues may be down to Mac itself. My own MacBook Pro (Mid-2012, i7, 8GB) ran terribly when moving from 10.8 Mountain Lion to 10.9 Maverick. Mail ground to a halt and a lot of other programs ran very sluggish to; Yosemite wasn't much of an improvement but doing a clean install of OS X on the Mac would speed things up temporarly (Not to how it was back on 10.8 and Below). I then bought an SSD and it brought it back to life again, the OS started to work as expected and most of the problems with Mail practically disappeared. And when El Capitan come out I saw even more performance (This might have been due to the extra 512MB VRAM they unlocked on the Intel HD 4000.) Other than that, the only other problem I can think of, off the top of my head, would be Smart Ink causing problems as it usually does.
  13. Thought I'd give this ModPack a try in SP... I got attacked by a Panda by the name of Captainanna, I was slain
  14. Get Uptime of a computer - PowerShell.com – PowerShell Scripts, Tips, Forums, and Resources This looks pretty close to something you are looking for, I'm just wondering what would happen if you replaced Line 33 with a "*" rather than "."
  15. The temptation to spend too much time on Minecraft again is too tempting Gonna have to have a look at this mod, I was trying to get RR3 on ATL to run, but 158-196 mods was struggling even on a Core i7 and SSD :-(
  16. Google - AirPrint Activator :-)
  17. Yeah, that's always been an issue with Windows 7, it always seemed to take one login for it to do something; I have it set in WDS to logon once and reboot.
  18. Ah I toying between 30/60 in my head, I might have to give this a try on a couple of problem desktops, except I went longer wait time instead of shorter. They're fine once booted, it's before login is the problem :-/
  19. Is that setting to 20 from the default of 60? (iirc)
  20. This does my head in too, a lot of laptops are coming with the touchpads on USB3 making. Two choices, try and inject more USB3 drivers into the Boot.wim of your choice. or Create an unattend.xml so the Boot.wim will pick the language, login to WDS, select your install image, partition and format the drive and then finally install. [color=#881280][font=monospace][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=monospace][color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]OnError[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]%username%[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]%domain/netbios%[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280] [/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]OnError[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280]%installimagefilename%[color=#000000].wim[/color] [color=#000000]%Installimagegroup%[/color] [/color]%installimagenameinwds%[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]0[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]1[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]OnError[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]0[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]true[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]1[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]Primary[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]True[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]1[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]1[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]C[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]Windows[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]NTFS[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]OnError[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]en-GB[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color]en-GB[color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [color=#881280][/color] [/font][/color] [color=#881280][font=monospace][/font][/color] Replace all the %things% with your own stuff, the unattend has ShowUI on Error so if there is a problem it will run like a normal setup at the point of error. Save this as an XML and add it in to unattended installation on your server properties in WDS. This is to be used with an x86 Boot.wim (a x86 boot wim can see both x86 and x64 install wims)
  21. I think you just need to exclude LanSchool's executable file in the On-Access etc... This should be possible in the policies on your Enterprise Console I have a very old LanSchool client on my Pen, and a Standalone SAV10.3 so I'll see if I can replicate the issue
  22. datar_

    Gaming Chat

    Last game I bought - Deadpool was on offer for Chinese new year on Steam, £14.99 I think it was? Last game I completed - Just completed AC Unity, Had it for a while but never really played it. Tanned it this weekend and pulled a few all nighters, 100% sync in 4 days + going to work!
  23. It is rated 18 for Xbox and PlayStation, but it is unrated for PC. Potential for loophole there ^_^
  24. You'll only need to have a drive mapped if the sims.ini/connect.ini in C:\Program files\... contains "Redirect=H:\..."
×
×
  • Create New...