-
Posts
6,358 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DalekSec
-
I'm the same, making the most of my disposable income while i can!
-
"Impact is specific to any user who is located in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) or Asia Pacific (APAC) regions." Wow they done goofed
-
Just tried logging in, it's asking for my 2FA on my main PC which it never does and when i tell it to text me a code it does nothing... just stays with the loading dots
-
My memes have made it onto a window! What a time to be alive Congratz @bald_pig !
-
I've had a few ideas its just finding the time/skill learning i need xD my photoshop skills are at the level where i can copy and paste pngs
-
We have 13 AGM731F (would be 14 but one seems to be stuck in a switch with superglue) We can post them
-
Most of them have some in, unsure what grade they are. How many you after? i'll go dig them out.
-
(I'm going to be THAT guy) Why not UniFi?
-
Gotta say, i am slightly pleased on how this worked out, i winged it in one go! For those who don't know the format, it's the four yorkshiremen by Monty Python (Four well-dressed former IT Techs sitting together at a vacation resort. 'Half Life 3 Theme Tune' being played in the background on Hawaiian guitar.) DJ-1701: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable. Dalek: Nothing working through a lot of helpdesk tickets on our new ICT Direct PCs hey DJ? LeMarchand: You're right there Dalek. Mike Price: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be here with our high end workstations? DJ-1701: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to a quad core CPU. Dalek: A dual core CPU. Mike Price: Without hyperthreading or turbo boost. LeMarchand: OR any cores! DJ-1701: With a faulty Motherboard. Mike Price: We never used a PC case best we could use was a bit of metal Dalek: The best WE could manage was to stick it in a bin liner. LeMarchand: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we had poor PCs. DJ-1701: Aye. BECAUSE we had poor PCs. My old manager used to say to me, 'Your PC is fast enough.' Mike Price: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had 512Mb of RAM'. We used to have a GPU with only the one VGA output. Dalek: VGA? You were lucky to have a VGA! I had a GPU with only S-VIDEO that couldn’t output video! LeMarchand: You were lucky to have a S-VIDEO! *We* used to have integrated graphics. DJ-1701: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of having graphics!! We used to have AMD CPUs without any on board graphics and had to have a GPU via USB to power a monitor! Mike Price: Well when I say 'VGA' it was only to a monitor of a resolution of 340x240 Dalek: My GPU was taken off of me and I had to do with no video output! LeMarchand: You were lucky to have no video output! My GPU only outputted white noise! Dalek: AMD GPU? LeMarchand: Aye. DJ-1701: You were lucky! I would switch my PC on at 6am and it would boot at 1pm, take another 2 hours to get to the desktop and then my manager would hit me for not doing any work! Dalek: Luxury. I used to switch my PC on before I left home the day before and it will still be booting when I get in in the morning. It would log in at 4pm and I’d manage to send 1 email before I had to restart it to clear some RAM cache. LeMarchand: Well we had it tough. I used to restart my PC 12 times a day, 7 days a week and I managed to once send an email! Mike Price: Right. I had to switch on my computer 1 week before and It would take 2 weeks to load. I had to restart it 8 days a week to keep it going and reseat the RAM after each email I sent and my manager would kill me each lunchtime, and dance about on my graves singing 'Hallelujah.' DJ-1701: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'. ALL: Nope, nope..
-
Thanks for the offer! Managed to get 2 back under warranty, this should cover us till xmas when it looks like our unifi swap over is going to happen..... i better get to work setting it up then!
-
I recently got an upgrade: Things it has over my Surface: 1) Never freezes 2) Unlimited battery 3) More Colourful 4) Eco Friendly 5) Can also be used as fire wood without explodings 6) Will never be outdated 7) Smooth slide action 8) Supports Thunderbolt 3 9) RGB 10) Cheaper 11) Can be fashioned into a shive to defend your love ones from the evil Doctor
-
I think this is the most i've laughed at a trailer!
-
I go away for a few hours and all hell breaks loose!
-
Updated our iPads to iOS 12 couple weeks back, not had any problems. How are yours setup? Our are logged in with a generic Cred with student internet restrictions and a cert for HTTPS inspection. We use Moysle not Lightspeed
-
Surely the integrated Intel graphics will be better than the old Radeon?
-
Depending on the ratio of electrical to data, Data Path are very good, they mainly do data (hence the name) but they also can do electrical as well
-
Those who neglect the past are doomed to repeat it -George Santayana I really enjoyed it, but then i love history and sci-fi so.... one of the best episodes so far, this and Rosa are top 2
-
Contacted their support, turns out all Ruckus indoor APs have a lifetime warranty, even out of support looks like they will replace them!
-
Do we have to do a new entry each week or will they count from previous weeks?
-
didn't think of that, will give it a look tomorrow! Cheers
-
Wonder if anyone has any of these lying around they don't need anymore! Our ruckus support has run out and our current config doesn't support higher than these (that i'm aware of!), not looking to renew ruckus and move over to UniFi instead, but had a few APs die recently so need some to tie us over till the switch over! Thanks Dalek
-
*cough cough* See my signature *cough*
-
FTFY
-
-refreshing page constantly waiting for video-
-
Yea... no bites (or bytes should i say) yet.... Wonder if i could sell them as door stops.... or bricks to build houses with.
