Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. Edge is in Enterprise LTSB
  2. Had a guild meeting on Sunday night (and a preliminary meeting on the Wednesday) to sort out what everyone is doing raiding wise. I am playing my DK in blood spec. I got my blood artifact, levelled to 101 and and have done about half of the stormhiem main quest chain. Our guild leadership has been encouraging us to use Medivh's spreadsheet to level efficiently, you can get a copy of it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TiiI4huz4NXKfx7PGvvVTyP6xu8VaDNZ4-FEn69mOhc/pubhtml#
  3. LTSB 2016 is released 1st October. I found I had to use WMI filters to exclude a lot of my GPOS from Win10 and redo Win10 specific versions of them. I'm in a commercial setting though, so I'm not locking things down as hard as a school would (mainly just setting what I need).
  4. ran "sfc /scannow" and "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and reapplied the update. Back to not booting. :/
  5. Geoff

    Linux is 25 today!

    "If Microsoft ever does applications for Linux it means I've won." -- Linus Torvalds (1998)
  6. Sorry to hear that. They can live a long time though. My cat is 23 and still going.
  7. Geoff

    Linux is 25 today!

    Happy birthday! https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.minix/dlNtH7RRrGA%5B1-25%5D
  8. Our test Win 10 Enterprise PC pulled down the update and applied it overnight (It's a Dell Optiplex 760). This morning I was greeted by a Stop error of 0xC000021A. I'm currently running the windows restore to get it back to pre-update. I've yanked the MS Lifecam it had and I'm going to re-apply the update and see if it breaks again. Has anyone come across any issue like this?
  9. Oh you can get crazy xp for your low level alts now: 1. Got to invasion site, in a starter zone if you're on PvP server. E.g. Azshara or Northern Barrens for Horde. 2. If you are worried about getting killed by the mini-bosses, grab a vehicle. 3. Do Stage 1 and 2 of the invasion. Tag everything. Don't die or you'll miss out on XP. 3. Go to a rest area and log out. 5. Event has reset, so rinse and repeat.
  10. https://gist.github.com/wojdyr/1176398
  11. BIOS update
  12. I just found the best addon ever. Transmog Roulette. https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/transmogroulette
  13. I can't wait to see what they do to Kara. I'm not sure I'll llke a massive sprawling 5 man dungeon though. It either takes two long. Or optional bosses (that typically I need loot from) get skipped. If they split it into wings I think that would be alright. e.g. like the ICC 5 mans.
  14. We're going back to Karazhan in 7.1 apparently Karazhan is coming back as a large five player dungeon with all nine bosses. The old Karazhan will still exist, you can still go and farm it for things. There will also be a small additional raid between The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold that wraps up the Stormheim story. Patch 7.1 will also have outdoor content associated with Suramar that pushes forward the Nightfallen story. Patch 7.1 is coming to the PTR right after Legion launches! Encounters have been play tested internally, it is good to go.
  15. The prelaunch quest line is now avalible. Khadgar will contact you and ask to meet him in Dalaran. From there the quest contiunes in Ulduar and Karazhan. ***SPOLIER VIDEO***
  16. I was levelling my priest at 45 in them last night. The mobs are adjusted to your toons level. Just be careful on a PvP realm. You'll get stomped by level 100s.
  17. If anyone has low level alts they want to get to 100, doing the invasions is a nice chunk of XP and the gear is scaled to your level.
  18. Artifact power is per spec. Although there's a definate uptick in AP requirements post rank 13. I think that's the sweet spot to swap out your specs and concentrate on your secondary.
  19. Geoff

    No Man's Sky

  20. Geoff

    No Man's Sky

    It prompted me to reinstall and play Starbound (which has actually got a lot of content now).
  21. Geoff

    No Man's Sky

  22. For application deployment I create collections for machines with the software installed then use those as my deployment collections. e.g. here's my query for 'Java': select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID, SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType, SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name, SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "Java _ Update %"
  23. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Yeah, I'm not amazingly bothered by the gyms myself. I just cap one and collect my coins and move on.
  24. Geoff

    No Man's Sky

    I'm going to watch some twitch streams and lets plays on youtube and decide that way.
  25. Speaking of legacy, do the police still have their ICL mainframes with VME I wonder?
×
×
  • Create New...